Re: Information about My Internet is inaccurate
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@johnsoned wrote:

Fourth: My new question is: What should I see when I click on "Manage" (My Internet). My actual SSID and password or the numbers listed on my router label? 

I apologize for any confusion i may have caused, I truly respect those of you who take the time to reply to posts on this forum and I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ed J.

You should see the same as what you see at router admin at 192.168.1.1

0 Likes
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today I called Verizon Tech Support and it was as painful as I thought it would be, meaning being transferred around and waiting on hold for a minute or two for each tranfer and this is what they told me. The information that you find when you log into your Verizon account click on My Verizon/MY SERVICES/iNTERNET/My Internet/Manage is the information about your router when it was originally installed and will never reflect any changes you've made including SSID, WiFi Pswd/Key, or Encryption Type and will stay the same no matter how many times you click on Refresh. I am going to take that as my answer and end this discussion. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. 

0 Likes
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate to tell you this, but they lied to you. Mine clearly shows my ssid and everything else that I setup. If it's showing the original router information it probably is either just a glitch or for some reason hasn't been updated on their end.

0 Likes
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I'm not surprised to hear that, because everyone who responded to my original post thought it was not supposed to be that way and I mentioned that to the tech rep, who insisted that she was giving me the straight scoop. In spite of all that, I'm giving up on this because I don't think the problem is afffecting my service. Although if it was a lie (I don't think it could be anything but) I'm dissapointed that I didn't get a "I just don't know" honest answer.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@johnsoned wrote:

Actually I'm not surprised to hear that, because everyone who responded to my original post thought it was not supposed to be that way and I mentioned that to the tech rep, who insisted that she was giving me the straight scoop. In spite of all that, I'm giving up on this because I don't think the problem is afffecting my service. Although if it was a lie (I don't think it could be anything but) I'm dissapointed that I didn't get a "I just don't know" honest answer.

Only reason would be different is that the router is not comunicating bact to verizon for some reason.  I doubt if it would let you, but have you perbaps closed some of the firewall ports it normally defines?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@johnsoned wrote:

Today I called Verizon Tech Support and it was as painful as I thought it would be, meaning being transferred around and waiting on hold for a minute or two for each tranfer and this is what they told me. The information that you find when you log into your Verizon account click on My Verizon/MY SERVICES/iNTERNET/My Internet/Manage is the information about your router when it was originally installed and will never reflect any changes you've made including SSID, WiFi Pswd/Key, or Encryption Type and will stay the same no matter how many times you click on Refresh. I am going to take that as my answer and end this discussion. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. 

Hmm, that is totally wrong information. Guess that  just proves that tech support has no idea what is actually going on.

I customized my wifi key etc. and I see all those changes on the home page MY Verizon info.

0 Likes
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no idea how to do that (close some of the firewall ports), so I'm pretty sure that the lie theory still holds up.

I guess the motto at Verizon tech support is: "Tell them what they want to hear"

0 Likes