Re: Intermittent DSL Connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@crnfords wrote:

This is a slice of the modem log after rebooting from today's 11AM daily outage, show we are using same name servers and are having very similar problems with internet connection

The nameservers won't change upon an Internet disconnection unless Verizon rotates some new servers into the configuration. It's hard to say where the problem may be since I'm missing Transceiver Statistics as well as a good chunk of the modem's log (All I see is the establishment of a PPPoE connection). Did you ever get a reply back from Verizon?

0 Likes
crnfords
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, after another call to india, this time for a slow data xfer rate issue - .400-.500 Mbs.  Found they had closed the ticket on my connection issue, so had them re-open it along with another on the speed.  Got a call from them a couple of days later, got the speed issue fixed almost immediately.  The connection issue is still open, but the symptoms are still with me and they acknowledged that there was a issue.

Tiner1225
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently been experiencing intermittent DSL modem issues it will drop the connection and take almost 10 minutes to restore the DSL Light begins to flash and the Internet light goes red or completely goes off, this has been happening for the last 2 days and is annoying I reseat all the cables and reset the modem  by turning it off and waiting 30 seconds to reconnect and proceed then it take s another 10 minutes for it to come back on my Modem's a Westell 6100 we have had it for a at least 10 years I think it has  finally gone bad.

I dont want to switch  carriers since you cannot get FIOS iin Frederick I may have to.

Thanks

Tina Robinson

0 Likes