Re: Intermittent DSL outages
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi apg4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
apg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

DSL crashed - yet again -  as I tried to type a reply.  The simple question is "why?"  As in why pay premium prices for such abysmal service.  The Ookla speed test rated Verizon an "F" on a national scale and "D-" on a global scale.  So most customers would be better off moving to a third-world country it seems.

Saw a recent documentary on Internet service elsewhere.  In the Netherlands, the most remote farm in the most remote corner of that country has access speeds 138 times the US average.

It didn't help Verizon when billing tried to 'up sell' my service.  Up sell to what? 

0 Likes
apg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

LawrenceC wrote:

>Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My >Support Cases".

I tried to go there....  I initiated a chat, but guess what?  DSL went down for the fourth, fifth or what? twentieth time today.  And when it was back up later, the "My Support Cases" tab had been deleted in its entirety.

I'm pretty sure that intentionally trying to **bleep** off the clients or customers isn't a viable corporate strategy.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi apg4,

We are still seeing the link to your support case on your profile page, so not sure what might have happened.  Please check again and let us know if it is still missing.

0 Likes
apg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not there... and I note that my "contact status" is listed as being 'off-line' - even when I'm looking right at it....

Yeah, I've got a lot of confidence in Verizon...NOT....

0 Likes
apg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

...and the outages continue unabated.  Needed to get a big .pdf to a client this afternoon before close of business, and of course Verizon took this opportunity to go AWOL - yet again.  Spent a frustrating hour with tech help in Mumbai, when the connection came back all by itself.  The tech did say that the D-Link modem the pole-climbing tech gave me as a replacement a week or so ago was no good at distances of over 12,000'.  What?!?  Verizon is peddling a modem that is only good enough for two miles or less??

A replacement modem is coming, as is another pole-climbing tech.  I won't get my hopes up....

0 Likes
RCPD732
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer "service" is great at blaming the customer for the problem...."you live too far away" or "it all looks good on our end" comments are not help....they are **bleep**.

Still going on my FCC complaint but I will be "upping" my game at the next board of supervisors meeting of my locality and I am thinking of calling a local news station, the "on your side" people to see if they can do an expose on how bad Verizon's service is and just how old the lines are....not to mention the prices for service you get!

Unfortunately, Verizon DSL is the only thing available way out here....except for satelite 😞

0 Likes
Dkjester
Enthusiast - Level 2

hate to say it but I know your feeling, at least with Satellite now a days the ping is still horrible but the speed it pretty high now. No longer limited to 2.0 meg max, some have up to 20-40 meg speeds.

I agree with what you said, my issue that started in the middle of the day... the agent actually asked if my anti-virus was on... First it wasnt, second how would it cause an issue that just popped up, and more important 3rdly... if you cant have antivirius on the internet... why have that internet?

It is NEVER their fault. In our area, there was an outtage for a whole day, called and called and called, no there isnt an outtage, no it isnt on our end. The next week our newspaper released an article claiming how the whole region was hit that day with a massive outtage, and they were sorry it wasnt able to be fixed faster.......... Clearly the agents are either told to lie, or decide to lie.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

apg4,

We haven't heard back from you and so we are going to close the private support case at this time.  Should you still require assistance, please create a new post & we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
Paul C.

0 Likes
apg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I woiuld like is for someone at Verizon to tell the truth - just once.  It would be a nice change.... Every single phone tech rep tells something different from the one before.  Site reps, too. 

After the last site visit, where the pole climber cleaned a bird's nest out of one junction and swapped out the twisted pair to the local junction box - yet again - and gave me an ActionTec modem to replace the D-Link that was limited to transmitting less than 10,000', connectivity has gotten more stable.  I think....  At least I haven't noticed any outages, though speed is still at a snail's pace.  (And it's always faster when Verizon measures up- and down-load speeds than when measured by a third party, like Ookla.)

On the advice of various techs, provisioning was downrated from 3 MPS, to 1.5 a paltry 1 MPS (and actually get a fraction of that).  So the phone tech today says that I should  be able to go back to 3 MPS - so they send me over to billing.  Billing says the monthly fee for 3 MPS is the same as for 1.5 MPS - which is an outright lie  according to the billing statement I just received.

How about a credit for the past 3 years of 3 MPS "service" when Verizon couldn't supply 1 MPS reliably?  This is but 9% of the average speed rating for this nation. 9%....

0 Likes