Re: Internet Disconnects Every Few Minutes [Please Help]
Vincent
Well I called and I'm going to FiOS and see if that changes anything.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Fios should be better because it doesn't have the same distance restriction as DSL and the speeds are much faster.
0 Likes
mrk23

For a good month, DSL service has been pretty stable with rare disconnects. But within the last week and up till now and ongoing, DSL internet has been REALLY unstable. It is definitely frustrating as I can't get ANY WORK done. And it sucks that we're stuck with this **bleep** 1 year obligation.. feels like being blackmailed for a service that is never stable.

Verizon, if you don't want to lose your customers and your great reputation, you need to step up your service and repair.

-Customer from the Queens, NY area.

0 Likes
Vincent
I'm from Queens, NY too! Maybe something is going on in queens with DSL. I'm guessing everyone is disconnecting... Todays internet went pretty smoothly with only a few disconnects. I hope when I switch to FiOS next Thursday It will be completely stable, otherwise I'm going to switch to another ISP.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
I live in Queens and my DSL works fine. That has nothing to do with it. You are either too far for the speed you are provisioned at. There is something wrong with the quality of your line or you don't have it setup correctly
0 Likes
mrk23

I'm sure my set up is 100% correct as it has worked in stable condition for a month. 

So Verizon needs to do their part on fixing the lines and making it more stable. That is what I am paying for.. their service, not interrupted service that can potentially make me lose my job.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Can you post your modem stats with that replacement modem?
0 Likes
Vincent
The FiOS people didn't come yet, they come next thursday.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
I meant that ZOOM modem that you are using right now.
0 Likes
Vincent

I reformatted my computer to XP if you noticed. My old OS was Windows 7 RC.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2dlj7dg.jpg

Message Edited by Vincent on 07-29-2009 08:19 PM
0 Likes