Latency/Speed Are Horrid! What's Wrong W/ Verizon FiOS Lately?
DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, but I am frustrated to the max. My 75/35 connection has become almost unusable here in n Plano, TX. Latency issues are so bad a couple of my devices time-out before they can connect.

Speed is so slow although I am pay for 75/35 if I am getting 5mbs at time I feel lucky.

Good grief please fix these issues.

0 Likes
Re: Latency/Speed Are Horrid! What's Wrong W/ Verizon FiOS Lately?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@DaveMasters wrote:

Sorry, but I am frustrated to the max. My 75/35 connection has become almost unusable here in n Plano, TX. Latency issues are so bad a couple of my devices time-out before they can connect.

Speed is so slow although I am pay for 75/35 if I am getting 5mbs at time I feel lucky.

Good grief please fix these issues.

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

That said, there are several users here that could help isolate the issue, but we'll need more information.

Are you wired or wireless? If you run a speed while hardwired to your router, what results do you get?

Not applicable

same here paying for 150/150 only to be recieving those speeds on speedtest websites, everything else is getting throttled, i used to have a 5mbps connection with time warner cable and everything ran perfectly, now that i switched to fios my gaming on bf4, counter strike go, ps4 and xbox one consoles are always getting packet loss detection and no streaming services work without buffering a thousand times, even though the tracert comes out clean besides a few horrid spikes between hops 2,4 and 5, im giving it another week before i switch back to time warner. good luck sir!

0 Likes
DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not a gamer or Netflix user. I simply use my connection to browse and news.  There is no reason Verizon would be throttling me and I don't believe they are. I believe thay have oversold the bandwidth that they have available—just as simple as that.

0 Likes