MI424-WR Rev. I -- Firmware 40.19.36 breaks homegroup and IPv6 bridging
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi --

Within the last few weeks, I noticed Homegroup sharing is no longer functioning on my network between devices on MOCA and Wifi. For example, I cannot connect via Homegroup from a PC connected via Ethernet to a laptop connected via Wifi.

Homegroup requires IPv6 to work on the network. I am able to ping via IPv6 (ping -6 ...) between devices on Wifi only or devices on MOCA / Ethernet only, but not from a MOCA device to a Wifi device. I'm guessing this broke when the recent 40.19.36 firmware was pushed out. Please fix. Thanks Verizon ...

Best regards,

Michael

0 Likes
Re: MI424-WR Rev. I -- Firmware 40.19.36 breaks homegroup and IPv6 bridging
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Some users have had similiar problems - Try this solution

Log into the router, go to advanced - accept the warning. Go to IGMP and Disable it. Save  

reboot modem, and try again.

0 Likes
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks -- tried that. The only IGMP setting is under Advanced -> Routing now. I've disabled it, but IPv6 bridging is still not working. As far as I can tell DLNA is working.

0 Likes
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon -- DLNA is also broken between the two networks (wifi vs. wired / MOCA). Toggling the IGMP routing setting didn't seem to make a difference.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have UPnP enabled within your router? You may want to try toggling that around since some aspects of DLNA require the use of UPnP.

0 Likes
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no longer any UPnP option in the GUI (checked advanced, firewall, everywhere...), but I am pretty sure it is turned on as some apps are using it.

0 Likes
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I "solved" the issue by connecting another Wifi router to the network. When devices connect via the secondary router, DLNA, IPv6, etc. all work as expected. Thanks a bunch Verizon. I'll be filing a BBB and Texas PUC complaint about this issue. You need to test these firmware updates before subjecting your customers to them...