Re: My FIOS internet disconnects randomly
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wired or wIreless?

What kind of devices/s?

What application/s are you running and from what web site/s when the disconnects occur?

It does not matter, it disconnects everything in the house wired or wireless. It is not just a single computer. I have a wireless laptop and a ethernet connected desktop and they dc at the exact same time a return at the exact same time.

And the only applications running are the normal windows 7 services and avg antivirus, but no avg on the laptop so no need to point that out.

And websites it also doesnt matter, it happens when I am watching youtube videos, or netflix, or just news sites. it is not my computer/s, it is not the router, it is the coax link or the ONT but since verizon keeps saying "our computer shows no coax link drop" they will not replace the ONT. Like I am making this **bleep** up.

Trust me, 2 routers later and same issue... the only thing to do now is use ethernet intead of coax, but of course verizon doesnt give a **bleep** and wants me to buy the materials and route it myself. Great customer service.

0 Likes
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

atantekeier, your comments are not going to help anyone solve their issues...

Im way past being civil about this issue. Verizon doesnt care about their customers and other people should know.

When you have service interruption and verizon basically tells you that you are lying about it, it kind of makes you angry. Not only that every month there are additions on my bill... 43$ one month 47$ the next, 51$ another month and every month I have to call them and tell them to remove it like they add it just to get some extra money and if we catch it they remove it. 

They refuse to fix the issue or even diagnose it... The tech came out and he did was look at the cables, connect his laptop to the router and watch some movie trailers and says everything is fine.

I am letting people know who have the same issue as me know how verizon will reac t to their issue, or rather not react. 

And I hope that people looking into getting verizon changes their mind. Even long after I change my service I will be sure to tell everyone how to not go with fios or verizon at all.

0 Likes
thenamesed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same exact issue as atantekeler, as he said this isn't a router issue this is an issue with verizon services/internet the source from which the internet is coming from. I just got verizon FIOS a day ago and having to get disconnected at random on all my devices WIRELESS or WIRED even with all the router lights ON green just like it would when it is connected <- read don't **bleep** pretend you skip this **bleep** and reply to my message with a robotic answer/solution.

I've barely been a  customer for a day and this is **bleep** insane I'm furious and I can't believe a customer has to go through so much hassle to get the required help needed. Verizon has a different department for every single specific detail so I always get transfered ALWAYS when I call to some other department for an issue that's irrelevant to that department and always have to repeat my story over and over.

Activation fees cancelation fees and even charge you for the router and the technician guy to install your **bleep** and the materials WHAT THE F. Sure they say they discount you and giving you the best deals it's complete bull**bleep** with the service they are providing. Had I known they would be soo many issues with Verizon I would have just went with another service provider, **bleep** even dial up is looking fantastic right about now! At least it won't dsconnect if I don't make it into a phone line.

I'm furious the only reason I even bothered to get verizon in the first place is because the previous owners of where I moved into had it installed so if the technician had to come he would just have to PLUG the **bleep** in something that I could do! Even though he came and did his stuff and took forever to just turn the **bleep** on I gave him 10 bucks for his time. I should have gottan some compansation really for all of this **bleep**. I called a week ago to have my **bleep** installed and the technician guy tells me that that's funny because he wasn't busy all week that it has been slow all week. My jaw just dropped in shock because every time I tried getting an earlier date the stupid verizon robot lady tells me there is no earlier dates available and the reps as well!

Verizon reps keep telling me that it could be this or could be that I've done my research and I'm not the only customer with this issue and even though I explained myself to them they still make me go through their proccess of handling things, following procedures that are outdated or invalid not every customer has to be troubleshooted the same exact way jesus! 

Verizon needs to get their **bleep** together and start retraining their employyees and start from the ground up because all their **bleep** is a **bleep** mess.

The same day I had this **bleep** installed the issues having been getting worse since that same day, I'm now on my third day and can't seem to get any **bleep** real help and I hope to GOD I don't get billed for using this **bleep**ty **bleep** internet that disconnects randomly it's frustratin as **bleep**! I can't do **bleep** without the internet disconnected ever so often and at very random times.

0 Likes
WA3USG

I am having precisely the same problem. I would say that at least a dozen times a day I lose connectivity to all the devices on my network. I have 4 computers and a wireless printer ... I lose connectivity to everything for about a minute or two and then everything comes back. If I am streaming video on my TV, I get a network error. If I wait a minute and re-establish the connection, everything is okay for an hour or two but then it does it again. I thought that it was a Rouiter problem (and it may be) but when I saw this post I now wonder.

The thing is, it's not just an Internet connectivity issue ... I lose connectivity to everything even on my local network.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@atantekeier wrote:

Wired or wIreless?

What kind of devices/s?

What application/s are you running and from what web site/s when the disconnects occur?

It does not matter, it disconnects everything in the house wired or wireless. It is not just a single computer. I have a wireless laptop and a ethernet connected desktop and they dc at the exact same time a return at the exact same time.

And the only applications running are the normal windows 7 services and avg antivirus, but no avg on the laptop so no need to point that out.

And websites it also doesnt matter, it happens when I am watching youtube videos, or netflix, or just news sites. it is not my computer/s, it is not the router, it is the coax link or the ONT but since verizon keeps saying "our computer shows no coax link drop" they will not replace the ONT. Like I am making this **bleep** up.

Trust me, 2 routers later and same issue... the only thing to do now is use ethernet intead of coax, but of course verizon doesnt give a **bleep** and wants me to buy the materials and route it myself. Great customer service.

It does matter for example their is a long thread on Version I Actiontec routers having problems.  Other threads on certain whole house controllers communication causing problems, etc.

The more we know about your setup the more we can make suggestions. 

0 Likes