Need Advice on Best Router to Connect to Fios Actiontec M1424WR
mstuart
Enthusiast - Level 2

From reading several of the postings I too want to connect a second router to my network to increase my connections speeds.  Currently I have fios 35/35 but of course I never reach such speeds wired or wireless.  So many routers are available but I want to make sure I purchase one that will do what I need.  What then would be the best router for me to use with this Actiontec.  I live in a 3 story home and my actiontec is on the top floor of my home.  Assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Advice on Best Router to Connect to Fios Actiontec M1424WR
PistolPete13
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my response to your other post.

Thanks,

-Pete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PistolPete13
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my response to your other post.

Thanks,

-Pete

0 Likes
mstuart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Pete

0 Likes
metalgear1

My FIOS Internet plan is 35/35 but i never get this speed. I was thinking of changing my router to get highter download and upload speeds. Can someone advise?

@mstuart wrote:

From reading several of the postings I too want to connect a second router to my network to increase my connections speeds.  Currently I have fios 35/35 but of course I never reach such speeds wired or wireless.  So many routers are available but I want to make sure I purchase one that will do what I need.  What then would be the best router for me to use with this Actiontec.  I live in a 3 story home and my actiontec is on the top floor of my home.  Assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@metalgear wrote:

My FIOS Internet plan is 35/35 but i never get this speed. I was thinking of changing my router to get highter download and upload speeds. Can someone advise?

Try a hardwired connection to see if you get the speed. No need to change the router out if you get 35Mbps or higher out. Even the oldest ActionTecs/Westells are capable of doing 100Mbps. If you're trying to get such speed on Wireless and have confirmed it's coming in, add an Access Point such as the Trendnet Easy-N Upgrader (Make sure your devices support Wireless N as well!) and shut off the FiOS router's Wireless or re-purpose it for Wireless G devices.

0 Likes