New Tier Day or big mess?
pappy97
Enthusiast - Level 2

The FIOS website is back up after being down for a while (apparently upgrading packages), and showing the new tiers. Looks like they are still working out kinks because it said nothing was available to me. Yes I live in a BPON area, but I should still be able to order the 75/35 service (in a bundle I presume) and definitely should be able to order 50/25. The website was saying I couldn't get either when I tried to "Order now" using my neighbor's address.

Probably go to bed now and call in the morning. Good luck to everyone trying to get in any speed increases tomorow.

Edit: I REALLY hope this gets sorted out on Sunday. It's frustrating to be this excited and go on the website and have it say you can't order anything other than 15/5 (when you already have 25/25). I know this is a North Texas issue as I typed in a Brooklyn address was able to get options to order the new tiers. For North Texas (Wylie, TX), at the moment, and I know it just went live, but it calls ALL the new tiers (even 50/25) "Quantum" Internet services and then when I try to "Order now," it says, sorry Quantum Internet is not available in your area. This better not be the case, especially when we were told that, at the very least, EVERYONE (BPON or GPON) could get the 50/25 and 75/35 tiers.

0 Likes
Re: New Tier Day or big mess?
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Just upgraded my tier from 35/35 to 75/35 no problems also kept the bill the same as i was paying by restructuring my contract,i will see this increase Tuesday June 19.

0 Likes
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on 35/35 and verizon.com/upgrade is offering me 75/35 this morning but at $20/month more than I'm paying now.   I'd like to have the speed increase but not for another $240/year.

You and at least one other poster have reported getting the speed increase with no price jump.  I wonder why it's offered that way to some users and not others. 😞

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I am also on 35/35.  Not being offered 75/35 but pricing looks roughly the same as what I have now.  150/65 is being offered for about $40 more. 

I quess I'll wait to the system shake out to see what the REAL price is.  In particular want to make sure my current discounts stay in place.

0 Likes
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a Live Chat with a Verizon agent and he basically told me the price increase is what it is.  I didn't ask him why some customers seem to have been offered the upgrade with no increase because I can't provide any proof that really happened.

Oh well.  The fact is for my needs 35/35 is more than good enough, so while faster-is-better is tempting, I'm going to stick wtih what I have unless some other development comes along.

0 Likes
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Actually i got a discount of 5 dollars so it at least for 6 months will be cheaper,then my 35/35 plan,question are you under a contract,they alway give great deals if i agree to extend my contract.

0 Likes
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I'm under a 2 year contract now, with 21 months still remaining.   Maybe they figure they already have me for almost two years so extending my contract wouldn't mean much to them.

I may try calling during business hours tomorrow to see if I can get a better deal than the website's offering me.  For one thing, I'm paying $25/mo for a two room multi-room DVR setup.  New promos I get in the mail weekly offer free lifetime mutli-room DVR to new subscribers.   If I could get free DVR it would be a wash to upgrade to the 75/35 plan.

I won't be holding my breath, but thanks for your details.

0 Likes
pappy97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well so far it has been a big mess.  Not only, but with phone CSRs.  They are having issues pulling up stuff and cannot do anything (besides answer "general" questions).  Said to call back early afternoon.

I don't have access to my online verizon account so I need do it via CSR.  I just want to get 75/35 now (well, I really want 150/65, but even online they are saying that in BPON area that I can't get it, even though all the press releases said they would upgrade equipment for you to get the 150 or 300 tier if you wanted to order it,)

0 Likes