New router setup
Fuichefino
Enthusiast - Level 1

I curently have 50/50 Fios Internet Service only (no tv). This is currently connected via coax to the Fios Quantom G1100 router. I will be upgraing to 75/75 and In order to get this speed, a tech will be coming out to replace the ONT.

I currently do not have my own router but my intention is to purchase my own Router (Asus). When the tech comes to replace the ONT, can I ask that he change the ONT from coax to Ethernet and then connect the ONT to the Fios Quantom G1100 router using Ethernet? That way, when i purchase  the new router, all i have to do is release the ip address from the G1100 and then connect my newly purchased router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New router setup
jonjones1
Legend

@Fuichefino wrote:

I curently have 50/50 Fios Internet Service only (no tv). This is currently connected via coax to the Fios Quantom G1100 router. I will be upgraing to 75/75 and In order to get this speed, a tech will be coming out to replace the ONT.

I currently do not have my own router but my intention is to purchase my own Router (Asus). When the tech comes to replace the ONT, can I ask that he change the ONT from coax to Ethernet and then connect the ONT to the Fios Quantom G1100 router using Ethernet? That way, when i purchase  the new router, all i have to do is release the ip address from the G1100 and then connect my newly purchased router.

Yes you can do that. I am sure they will accommodate your request. They may swap you over anyway. But just tell him what you want.

View solution in original post

Re: New router setup
jonjones1
Legend

@Fuichefino wrote:

Yes you can do that. I am sure they will accommodate your request. They may swap you over anyway. But just tell him what you want.