Re: Outage on Jan 2nd, and still slow DSL speeds today!
snow7

The got the same reply from Verizon .They told me there was a problem in the central  office and it will take 3 weeks to fix.That was 2  weeks ago.I have already checked into getting the cable hooked up.It is ashamed of how they treat there customers.

0 Likes
Coalman1

I have the exact same problem spent hours on the phone swaping cables rebooting everthing they sent me a new modem 6100g no change they told me the same thing they would send someone out to check the lines that was 2 weeks ago I did get a call last week telling me they were working on it and they would call me when it was fixed no call yet now its getting old I'm considering cable now their customer service sucks! here's my latest speed down 0.09 up is 0.53 can't watch videos or stream music for a month now

0 Likes
ccalderon68

My High Speed Internet is up to a decent speed but still not as high as it should be. Right now I'm getting 1.006 Mbps or about 125 kilobytes per second. Before I was getting 170 kilobytes per second sometimes even mid to high 180 kilobytes per second.

Maybe unplugging it and plugging it back in while fix it or maybe even a reset.

0 Likes
jbot1

I had experienced the exact same issue.  On February 1, I recieved an automated call verifying the issue had been resolved.  Although I've been out of town, family using the connection seem to believe the download speed has been restored.  Note that I was in the 570 area, and some comments on the thread I started indicated it extended as far as the NY metro area.

The next step is to get refunded the month of inadequate service.

0 Likes
wagonguy
been having similar problem. all goos till 5 days ago,when speed dropped like a rock. dl speed is now .013, ul is .730+. seems like there is a problem in PA, I'm in west PAand located 2 blocks from my Verizon substation bldg. I can try the "call the No." thing but sounds like that wont help much either. Hers a copy of latest speed test from the TS page on Verizon: Link set to Full Duplex mode Information: throughput is limited by other network traffic. Good network cable(s) found Normal duplex operation found. Web100 reports the Round trip time = 102.0 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and There were 38 packets retransmitted, 78 duplicate acks received, and 80 SACK blocks received The connection stalled 8 times due to packet loss The connection was idle 4.16 seconds (32.0%) of the time This connection is network limited 99.77% of the time. Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to: RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF RFC 1323 Window Scaling: ON Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address any propellor heads out there got any ideas?
0 Likes