Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure about that.

From what I read, that thread mentioned 2.0.1.5.

Notice I had was for 2.0.1.7. So possibly pulled and fixed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Not sure about that.

From what I read, that thread mentioned 2.0.1.5.

Notice I had was for 2.0.1.7. So possibly pulled and fixed.

That is quite possible. However, you know there is always a However this thread seems to say the fix has not been done as of today. 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31729006-Networking-G1100-5ghz-not-working~start=300

This is the latest page in that thread. 

0 Likes
Jeffro
Enthusiast - Level 2

My router has been stable for about 1.5 days.  I just logged in this morning and noticed that the firmware has been upgraded to 02.00.01.07

Fingers crossed.. will monitor for a few days.  For now, all my wired and wireless connections seem stable and 5GHz is active.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jeffro wrote:

My router has been stable for about 1.5 days.  I just logged in this morning and noticed that the firmware has been upgraded to 02.00.01.07

Fingers crossed.. will monitor for a few days.  For now, all my wired and wireless connections seem stable and 5GHz is active.

You must have received the new firmware. It was mentioned in my forum link below.

some have it and some don’t . Crazy huh. Good luck

0 Likes
pwils025

I'm still showing firmware version 1.4.12. Going to call tech support now to see if they can push the latest version to me.  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
hermetic_charm

I seem to be consistently stable on firmware version 02.00.01.07

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the version with the fix.

Rolled out to a few for checking and the rest should be receiving soon.

0 Likes
Jeff-11

It's been a week now, still on firmware 01.04.00.12, and 5GHz continues to work. I'm not really sure what happened to make it start working. Using the 5GHz network at this point are Google Home Mini and a Nexus 6P.

I had removed everyting from 5GHz, but periodically would give it a try with the 6P to see if it had become stable. I had just reset my 6P to get back to the production Android rather than the beta and maybe that was the key.

At this point, I've added the Home Mini back into the mix and so far, so good! That's been a few days.

Today I will try adding an iPhone on the latest iOS back onto the 5GHz.

At this point I'm suspecting the beta version of Android that I was running on the Nexus 6P. If the iPhone doesn't kill it again, then I'm pretty sure the Nexus and beta Android were the cause. Or at least, it was the trigger for the issue that will be addreses with the new G1100 firmware.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the feedback.  Please perform and factory reset on the router. The router is suppose to download the newest firmware. Then test your devices. ~carlton

0 Likes
JV42

I thought the firmware upgrade was automically performed at night. Will the factory reset do it immediately?

0 Likes