Replacement Router...
unbound1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my internet access is down (all I pay for anymore), and the tech determined that my router isn't working correctly (doubtful, this issue has happened in the past and it has almost always been resolved by them cycling the ONT).  However, he can't get a new router to me for 48 hours.  Apparently, despite living in the DC metro area, there is not a single store I can drive to to get a new router.  Seriously?

I'm looking for alternatives while I see about escalating this issue. 

Is there any way for me to cycle the ONT on my own (the technician I talked to only tried bouncing my router remotely...the same thing I already tried before calling; then had me hard reset the router; but he didn't try doing anything on Verizon's end)?

Is there a number I can call to get to a knowledgable technician?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacement Router...
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can unplug the cord at the power supply unit and disconnect the battery at the battery back up unit if you have a battery. Wait 10-15 seconds and plug them both back in. This will power cycle the ONT. The ONT should be back up within 5 minutes. Good luck.

View solution in original post

unbound1
Enthusiast - Level 1

BTW, for any Verizon reps reading this, since I don't have a landline anymore, it would be nice if there was a way to check on my repair ticket that doesn't involve my phone number.  A ticket number was sent to my e-mail, but that appears to be useless when trying to look at status via the Verizon portal (it asks for phone number only).

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can unplug the cord at the power supply unit and disconnect the battery at the battery back up unit if you have a battery. Wait 10-15 seconds and plug them both back in. This will power cycle the ONT. The ONT should be back up within 5 minutes. Good luck.

unbound1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did it and my internet service is restored.  Now I can fix 90% of the issues (usually only once or twice a year) on my own.

Thanx much!

0 Likes