Thank you!!

Re: Router LED turns tellow and lose internet 5 times a day
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader
DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah - I think it's the ONT or drop to be honest.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK, so definitely a 612 according to the label

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I rechecked the solution from the other topic and Verizon ended up replacing a PON card. That could be the solution to this problem as well.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, that was user mmahar I believe. That user has a GPON ONT (Arris, not Nokia) to begin with, I am not sure whether having a BPON ONT complicates the issue.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm wondering if any data kept by the 612 would shed some light on the situation. 🤔

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon should be able to pull data from the 612 to see what's going on. The ONTs have a management interface and there will be logs showing if light levels are too low. The RF portion for TV, however, will be a passive component, and that requires a technician to look at with a meter, if the Internet wave lengths aren't showing problems.

If I were to guess, Verizon would probably want to get that 612 replaced with a newer ONT on GPON. They will probably do that if you call in service trouble, and shouldn't cost a thing. They've been hitting up homes in the last year which are still on BPON and replacing those old ONTs with GPON. On the flip side, you'll probably be able to switch to the 200Mbps plan for less than what you pay right now for 75Mbps. All you need is Ethernet between the ONT and the router... and a new ONT 🙂

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A side observation about the outside ONT.

I noticed that the coaxial cable connected to the 612 has a white jacket.

White jacketed cables are largely intended for indoor installations. When I signed up for FiOS back in 2007, Verizon used either black jacketed Commscope or TFC T10 (now a part of Amphenol) RG6 coaxial cable terminated with Arris Digicon 6Q compression connectors.

Somewhere along the way. Verizon switched to PPC branded coax & connectors.

DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sure hope so, so far support has been so difficult to work with

0 Likes