Re: Slow download speed. help!!!
womofo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another Garland resident with the same issue:

download 0.618

upload 5.432

Paying for 15/5.

What router do y'all have?  I've got the Actiontec MI424WR.

0 Likes
peachfuzz163

Another Garland FIOS user here.  I noticed that the FIOS speedtest results are normal, but the generic speedtest sites are horible 400Kbs down.  I even picked various FIOS geographic locations with good results.  Hopefully, they will resolve this soon.  You get used to having good internet service and then wham back to ISDN....

0 Likes
peachfuzz163

All evidence today says that the slowdown to CA is now fixed.  Speedtest.net now shows 25mbit down from San Fran. just like it does to Dallas.

0 Likes
Jowls1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked mine, back to normal: 29.5Mbps down, 20.5 up. 

How about you OP, your stuff back to normal now? 

0 Likes
womofo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back to normal here too...yeah!

0 Likes
monkeymortar

I live in Long Beach CA and ive been having the same issue since feb 14 called verizon and they said they didn't see anything wrong so at loss for that <.< my down is less then 1 mb now so Im at a loss for words. and no idea what to do

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Are you wireless or wired?

How does your config look?   is it ONT > router > PC     or do you have any second routers, or hubs in there anywhere?  

and what speed test site are you testing at?     the www.speedtest.net  Los angeles server is testing real well right now.  

0 Likes
jwong3854

I am in plano area, and I have problem since 2 days ago, wired connection is working well, but wirless connection is not working at all, slow loading pages and speedtest keep giving me the latency error

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if wired is working good and wireless is not, then make sure to optimize that pc, and also change the channels.  you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

0 Likes
jwong3854

I tried that but still won't work, this problem just happened since Saturday..I have no problem for like 2 months..

0 Likes