Re: Still Slow internet speeds!
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

i tested from NID box yesterday. And checked router statistics again and it barely changed. i know the wiring in the house is good. Im not waisting anymore phone calls on there tech support. Im tired of dealing with them. Im waiting for my current verizon wirelss contract to end on the 5th. And then im switching to Sprint. Along with sprints internet, i cant remember the name off the top of my head. Or possibly looking at ATnT Uverse. Im just tired of dealing with verizon

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

Sprint doesn't have home Internet service. You'll never want to drop a wired service for a wireless service for your home connection - you'll have a ridiculously small data cap for an outrageous price.

There aren't too many places where both Verizon and AT&T provide service, so if Verizon is the local telephone company, you won't get U-verse.

You'll probably have better luck if you go to DSLReports.com, create a user name there, and post in the Direct forum. You can communicate with someone via forum post and they are usually much more competent than the phone reps.

You might also be able to post on the Direct forum there and ask to get bumped up to 3.0 Mbps.  It's worth a shot!  but with an attenuation of 55, you're pretty close to "the end of the line"

0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

what the big problem is here. when i origianlly signed up for the "HSI" i was getting 3.4mpbs/1mbps with no problems. No disconnects no nothing. Everything was perfectly fine. Then all of a sudden they drop my speed down to what it is now. And i CONSTANTLY have dicounects for a few minutes. and even for hours at a time when its raining. If i never had the speed in the first place i would be fine with that. The problem is they took it away from me.

0 Likes
pw44561
Enthusiast - Level 1

its now been a week since i have heard anything from verizon. and my speed has now dropped to 1.12 mbps So im done with this. and im creating my own solution by cancelling. Ive gone from being told "we cant help you" to "its a problem on our side but theres a cost of $90 an hour if you want it fixed". If the problem is on you're side. How are you going to charge customers to fix it? that is outragous. Come monday morning i will be calling to cancel my plan since verizon can not seem to fix this issue. All they do is give me the run around. While the problems still are not fixed. If i have to pay twice as much for something like hughes net. It is more then worth it at this point.

0 Likes
Ning2
Are you sure the optimizer is not lowering you speed. Verizon had to disengage the optimizer so my speed would increase.
0 Likes