Re: Sub Account Password Reset needed, but can't find any way to do so
ikacc1

THIS doesn't work!!! I just tried and it won't take my sub account as the user.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ikacc wrote:

THIS doesn't work!!! I just tried and it won't take my sub account as the user.

What exactly doesn't work? I just tried again from webmail.verizon.net and was able to reset a sub account password via the Forgot Password link.

0 Likes
mitchellews

I found this thread as I attempted to change the password on a sub account. What a hilarious exchange! It's like reading Kafka.

So, in order to change the password of the account that I can't get into (because I don't remember the password), I have to log in with the password and then click on "forgot password." That is brilliant. Perfect.

So what to do now? Call tech support. Found the number. ok calling. "Greater than 10 minute wait," says the nice computer voice. Does that mean the wait will be 11 minutes or three hours? Both fit the criteria for "greater than 10 minutes..."

The laughs keep on rolling out here at verizon.com. I should notify Comedy Central at once.

Obviously, they should give administrators of the sub accounts the ability to manage the permissions. The subaccounts i've created are for my children. When I created my daughter's email 6 years ago, she was 10. She got a new device and we are trying to allow her email on it. Does she remember what was going on with passwords when she was 10?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mitchellews wrote:

I found this thread as I attempted to change the password on a sub account. What a hilarious exchange! It's like reading Kafka.

So, in order to change the password of the account that I can't get into (because I don't remember the password), I have to log in with the password and then click on "forgot password." That is brilliant. Perfect.

So what to do now? Call tech support. Found the number. ok calling. "Greater than 10 minute wait," says the nice computer voice. Does that mean the wait will be 11 minutes or three hours? Both fit the criteria for "greater than 10 minutes..."

The laughs keep on rolling out here at verizon.com. I should notify Comedy Central at once.

Obviously, they should give administrators of the sub accounts the ability to manage the permissions. The subaccounts i've created are for my children. When I created my daughter's email 6 years ago, she was 10. She got a new device and we are trying to allow her email on it. Does she remember what was going on with passwords when she was 10?

No, you just have to go to webmail.verizon.net and click on Forgot Password. Logging in to change the password is if you KNOW what the password is and just want to change it.

0 Likes
SCurtis1

Somegirl: this may be the reason your advice has frustrated some users.  What you say pertains to subaccounts created after the system changes made a few years ago, but it does not apply to those created before that time.  You cannot log in to any Verizon portal with those older subaccounts, therefore you cannot access any password reset function.  The names and passwords work fine for e-mail but are unrecognized at any web portal.  I created half a dozen subaccounts when I switched to FIOS in 2005, and despite the fact that all of them work for POP/SMTP, none could log in via the web until I went through tech support to update/reset them.  I have done this with three of them, the other three are still inaccessible. I suppose the other alternative would be to delete and recreate them from scratch.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@SCurtis wrote:

Somegirl: this may be the reason your advice has frustrated some users.  What you say pertains to subaccounts created after the system changes made a few years ago, but it does not apply to those created before that time.  You cannot log in to any Verizon portal with those older subaccounts, therefore you cannot access any password reset function.  The names and passwords work fine for e-mail but are unrecognized at any web portal.  I created half a dozen subaccounts when I switched to FIOS in 2005, and despite the fact that all of them work for POP/SMTP, none could log in via the web until I went through tech support to update/reset them.  I have done this with three of them, the other three are still inaccessible. I suppose the other alternative would be to delete and recreate them from scratch.

I would advise against deleting them. Usernames are locked in Verizon's system after deletion for 180 days (sometimes longer), so you would not be able to recreate them for 6 months at least.

Normx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. I could not figure why my sub accounts I have had since 2003 could not lately access the web site, but work for third party e-mail clients.  And now I understand why Verizon pushed so hard to get people to sign up for a yahoo account when fios was rolled out in my area(Los Angles). Verizon did not want to be bothered with e-mail hosting.

Point in fact: I still have DSL. My neighbor gets Fios. The Verizon installer(with a Verizon truck) acts like "what's e-mail " when  I'm ask for the master account name and password to help set up outlook express for my neighbor, as  Verizon said her e-mail had to be changed from dial-up to fios. Took several phone calls to get the info.

Now, the web page change over explains getting locked out on the web portal for password reset. And I almost did the delete account and re-create. Fortunately, the sub accounts were for news/net purchases so no big deal if I do delete.

norm

0 Likes
riceman11

I figured out how to do it by accident.  To change the password have the sub-account login to my verizon and then go to profile and edit the password.  

To change the password, use the sub-account id and hit lost password and then go through that normal process.  

0 Likes
dishie

you go thru all the steps to reset password & what it actually does is reset the password for the main account, not the sub account.  its very frustrating.

0 Likes
dpcrow

@dishie wrote:

you go thru all the steps to reset password & what it actually does is reset the password for the main account, not the sub account.  its very frustrating.

Just ran into this last night trying to reset a password for my daughters account from 12 years ago. She can't remember the password and when I try to do the password reset, it says theres no secret question associated with that account and therefore it can't be reset. Following the prompts resets the main account NOT the sub account.

0 Likes