Truly disappointing customer Service After renewing contract
JDA12

For some odd reason I was sent a new modem that I did not need.

Verizon stated I had placed a repair ticket and that was the reason.  Up to this point I have never had an issue with their service.  While renewing the contract I was asked to upgrade my internet speed which I declined but the customer service rep kept stating I was having streaming issues.  This was not true and I declined to add speed.  

After trying to resolve the issue with the online chat which is truly a frustrating event I placed a call which turned out to force me to cancel my service after two years of great service.

I would like to know why am I as the customer being charged to return equipment that I never asked for.  Your company sent it and you should pick it up.

What  your customer service reps did not understand is People's time is sometimes the most important thing we have.  Loyalty goes both ways.  

0 Likes
Re: Truly disappointing customer Service After renewing contract
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry that this soured for you. Many times it's a simple communication problem.

the router they sent you could have been refused and the ups driver would have taken it away as not to caused you any expense.

maybe there is other services in your area that can be purchased. I know where I live there are cable internet etc. and a few other broadband providers available.

you could try this link to see if you can salvage your services.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Good Luck

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi JDA1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I was renewing recently, I had an agent tell me he could give me a free monthly quantum gateway rental but I had to send back the quantum gateway I already have and they would send me another one in order to get this discount.  It made zero sense.   If I had gone with this "swap gateways unneccessarily just to get 10 dollars off my bill when they could have just taken the 10 off and called it a day" deal he was offering, my bill would have been WAY more than what I worked in the end.   Don't ever settle.  If it doesn't make sense, there's a reason and it's sketchy. 

0 Likes