Re: Unable To Connect To Certain Websites
dabu218

New IP address on the home router cleared my issue.

0 Likes
cbenard
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem appears to be fixed. I've updated my blog post with alerts to let people know the problem appears to be over, at least for me. 1500/auto MTU is back working for me. You guys can give it a try or leave yours on 1496 if you want. 1496 shouldn't hurt anything.

0 Likes
mbabin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Confirmed here as well. Back to "automatic" MTU setting (1500), not experiencing any problems.

gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

I am still losing packets when I load the BBC NEWS website.  other websites load in a instant.  possibly the bakbone is losing packets there? hope VERIZON fixes this soon.  Especially, the VERIZON website and the Verizon Forums take forever to load.  Something is definitely wrong.  Losing too many packets in the DATA stream. Cmon Verizon please, fix it.

0 Likes
cbenard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's escalation team called me back. They said new uplinks installed in Plano and Lewisville were improperly configured and have been repaired.

They also sent me a resolution email. I added it to the blog post.

Our regional nightmare is over. Now on to complaining about Netflix...

vespir
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haha. Right there with you cbenard. Thanks for everything you've done to help people out with this. It's greatly appreciated.

starsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

@cbenard wrote:

Verizon's escalation team called me back. They said new uplinks installed in Plano and Lewisville were improperly configured and have been repaired.

They also sent me a resolution email. I added it to the blog post.

Our regional nightmare is over. Now on to complaining about Netflix...

Thanks..changed mtu back to 1500 and seems ok now.

What amazes me is that VZ support almost sent me a new router !!!
Not only they blamed on the old router, they  tried to upsell me to upgrade my speed.

OMG,..they don't even bother to look on forums or troubleshoot properly.
This was a total fail on their support.

Thanks everyone for your effort and posts.

I wish this becomes a case study for VZ CSR training.

0 Likes
Nana71

Tried your solution but the web site was blocked.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now six years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes