Upgraded Speed, but upload speed the same as before.
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yesterday I changed my plan from the old 20/5 to the new 25/15.  My download speed went to 25 right away, but there has been no change in the upload speed.  I have tried this with running the optimizer, on wired and wireless computers, and get the same result. Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded Speed, but upload speed the same as before.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

then you should be able to get full speeds. Have you tried a couple differnet test sites?

www.speedtest.net

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

see if you are getting the same results on both.

You may want to also call tech support and make sure that the speeds are upgraded correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
damo

The question is how you are connected to the internet.

If you are connected via VDSL using a ZyXel Prestige 861 Modem through a Tellabs 625 BPON MDU ONT, Verizon is not capable of giving you the 25/15 service (See my posts in "Verizon will be upgrading speeds Starting Monday 6/22" thread).

If you do not fall under this category, you should call Verizon to find out whether your order went through all of their myriad of systems or if they need to open a repair order.  It is possible that you are still under the old plan right now.

0 Likes
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll have to open up the ONT to see (will that work?)  i dont live in a multi dwelling unit, but the ONT is one of the older, larger, grey ones, as I had this installed around May 2006, and it was never upgraded to the newer smaller, beige one. 

Ill check it out and report

thanks for the reply

0 Likes
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the Tellabs 611 single family unit, not the newer 612. 
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

then you should be able to get full speeds. Have you tried a couple differnet test sites?

www.speedtest.net

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

see if you are getting the same results on both.

You may want to also call tech support and make sure that the speeds are upgraded correctly.

0 Likes
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called tech support -- not 100% sure, but a simple reboot of the router seemed to fix the issue.  The rebooted the ONT also due to some TV slow downs. 

BTW, tech support person very very nice and helpfull.  

0 Likes