Re: Verizon G3100 Router and Extender not Allowing Devices Connected to One to see Devices Connected
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I need you to check one thing for me. Are your IOS devices names contain space bars and special characters?

If they do, that might be the reason of your problem. Device names containing space bars and special characters are illegitimate in pursuant to IETF RFC 952. Please cross reference this post .

G3100 and E3200 seem to enforce this rule more strictly than G1100 and WCB6200Q, which are lenient with this rule.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon G3100 Router and Extender not Allowing Devices Connected to One to see Devices Connected
matt139

Absolutely correct.  I have the exact same issue.  Been playing around with networks and routers for 25 years... this is most certainly an issue between iOS devices and the implementation of the extender.  iOS devices can't see Rokus or wireless printers or NAS when not connected to same router; and you can't even directly connect by entering IP addresses.  The Extender is not actually "extending" the network; it merely enables internet access via a second router with the same SSID.  A simple, but flawed, solution.  A shame... other than this, FIOS is generally great. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes