Re: Verizon Home Network Protection
Mag206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting since I’ve been having the same problem for months and they said it’s a known problem since the update. They don’t seem to be working on it too quickly. 

0 Likes
Mag206
Enthusiast - Level 2

That totally doesn’t work. It says we are activating your service. I’ve waited 3 months now. I don’t have to option to stop it. 

0 Likes
Mag206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not an option in settings for me. Verizon had me try that. 

0 Likes
Maxwell011

Not even a factory reset will get rid off the Home Network Protection. Did that, also purchased a brand new Quantum Gateway router and to no avail.

The app is useless as well. Clicking on the home network protection does nothing but give a ssl connection error, cannot retrieve router information. I think the only solution is to dump Verizon altogether. Weeks of customer service calls, hours on the telephone, numerous router reboots have all fell short of a remedy. Today 5 hours on the phone, passed through all levels of support with no luck. Goodbye Verizon!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Purchase your own router like an Asus or Netgear or TP link Archer. Verizon cannot mess with your own router. Verizon routers are junk.

now having said that, over on another site I frequent there is a discussion on a new G1500 router coming from Verizon with external antennas and better all around. It’s coming soon. Some say by March others say December 2019.

i don’t use their junk router. I use my own. They cannot mess with it.

polkadot1

If you have enabled Home Protection Network, it won't let you access parental controls online. You can only do it through the app. Which only works half the time. A lot of the time I get a message that it can't access the router even though there's no problem with the router or the wifi. It's driving me crazy.

0 Likes
polkadot1

I did that and it still wouldn't let me access parental controls from the website. It still said I had to go to the app because I'd enabled home network protection. Argh.

0 Likes
MarsKeith

The myfios app doesn’t have any security options like that.

0 Likes
Philly12

I had been managing my devices through the router via a browser. Then I started using the MyFios app to manage the parental controls with profiles. At some point I clicked to enable home network protection. Once I did that I was no longer able to manage my device schedules via the router (I could view the settings, but the functionality to modify was greyed out). The MyFios app said something like "We are activating your service. Check back soon." My schedules were still enabled, so I let it go for a couple days. When I checked back 2 days later the app still had the "activating...check back" message. I checked "Account and Settings >> Security Settings" and there was no option for Home Network Protection.

Even a reset of my router back to factory settings did not fix the issue.

I called Verizon and the rep had me uninstall the MyFios app from my phone. Reset the router again. Re-install the MyFios app. Once I did that I was able to click Home Network Protection. My profiles were all missing, but I can set those up again. Also I now have the option in "Account and Settings >> Security Settings" to turn off home network protection....though I haven't tried to yet. I'm going to try the features and see how it goes. I like having the ability to block categories of web traffic on my kids' devices and still set exceptions to block or allow per device.

One more thing....after the MyFios uninstall and the 2nd router reset, I did see an option like "restore saved settings" when I browsed to my router. I did not click it and could not locate it again after I clicked "Next".

Hope this helps someone who is experiencing the same issue. I am not thrilled that I have to setup my static IPs and other router settings again, but at least I am able to control when the internet is blocked or allowed.

0 Likes
Victorypen

Identical problem. Unresolved. Me too!

0 Likes