Verizon blocking emails with the word Singapore
ziajill

Really annoying - within the past week, any email I try to send with the word Singapore in the subject, sometimes in the message, is being blocked by the Verizon outgoing mail server as spam. You'd think they would check the number of "to" addresses when trying to control spam. If I am emailing only one or two people, how can it be spam? I keep forwarding the emails to their spam reporting address, but so far no action.

Verizon is also blocking emails coming to me with a .asia  address - they don't even make it into my spam folder on Outlook.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking emails with the word Singapore
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, the spam filter was updated recently.

I would suggest taking a stroll over to http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq and read that.

Also, if you are still having problems with sending an email which you think doesn't deserve to be blocked, which in your case shouldn't, shoot an email to: spamdetector.update@verizon.net .  This goes to a third-party group who verifies if said email is spam  and can help remove it once they investigate.  They will notify Verizon and that everything checks out and it, in turn, prompts Verizon to flip a switch so your email can get through without a problem.

As far as emails being sent to you being blocked, you could always goto www.verizon.net/whitelist -- there you can request to allow emails to be sent through.

Hopefully those avenues will work out for ya.  Smiley Wink