Re: Verizon calls my legitimate email "SPAM"
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@somegirl wrote:

@rfc wrote:

I am now unable to send emails using my pop3 account via Outlook 2007 through Verizon, but I can receive emails from my pop3 and also receive and send via my verizon account via Outlook. I changed port 25 to either 26 or 587. No difference. I have been on the phone with Verizon tech support 3 times in India and they too have taken control of my computer and checked and re-checked  my mail settings.   When I tell them that the  verizon server is blocking my outgoing mail, they deny that as a possibility.  This is a REAL problem as my pop3 account is for my business and I rely on Outlook as my email client.  I do not send spam ever and so Verizon, in its attempts to solve spam problems, is making matters worse.  Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.

That is not the point.  Pop3 accounts are emails addressed to businesses and so changing and email account is obviously NOT an option.

For the umpteen billionth time... You can use a different SMTP server to relay mail, and the recipient can't tell the difference.

I don't disagree with you at this time, but I am wondering..

How can you say that?

The recipient can look at the header(s) of the e-mail and can tell where the e-mail has been "routed."

For more info, see the info at http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/header.html

Found with a Google search for how to read email headers

Please and thanks.

0 Likes
rfc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Donald:  It is any email that I try and send from Outlook, using my office pop3 email account.  I am located in NYC and this occured on my home desktop.  I also had the same problem with my laptop at home sending out office emails (receving is not a problem).  However, when I took my laptop and traveld to New Hampshire and used a wireless connection at a local library, I was able to send emails using my POP3 business email account without issue.  I made no changes to any Outlook settings. Why my outbound mail is beiung blocked in NYC but not in other parts of the country is perhaps helpful in narrowing the problem.  What it proves is that the issue in NOT with Outlook, or at my end.

0 Likes
rfc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot use a difference SMPT server (and if you do not have the patience to understand the problem before commenting, then please refrain from participating).

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You guys with spam problems should also start submitting your emails with errors over at http://www.isnotspam.com (a website designed to test emails sent and whether or not they will likely trigger spam filters.)

it might help you trim down your emails and make suggestions on how to fix your email so it will pass.

Also forward mail that should not be considered spam to spamdetector.update@verizon.net

There is no over the phone help for people who want to dispute their emails as spam or not spam.    they just have the email, but if you use the site at the top, then it can help you to correct your email newsletter or whatever it is you are sending and find what is causing it to be flagged as spam. 

rfc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think that is the problem unfortunately.  I cannot send any emails using my office POP 3 account and Outlook but all of my office pop3 emails can be received and downloaded into Outlook.  When I travel to another city and check email at Starbucks, for some reason, this problem does not occur.  I can send and receive emails from my office POP3 account, to and from, using Outlook.   So the problem is not with Outlook, or Outlook settings.  And changing the outgoing to 587 or 25 or 26 does not fix the problem.

0 Likes
wpref

here is a copy of an email that verizon has block 3 times that far:

Hello Kiddo.

It’s been raining today and it is cold.  We sent you the book, I am guessing by Tuesday you will receive them by post

Enjoy before the weather turns sour

Love

Dad

now show me how this is spam.  you cant yet even sending to 'spamdetector.update@verizon.net' has not helped -- ever!

I have called verizon they have no way to stop this - I think verizon dont give a **bleep**;

0 Likes
ewv1

Over two years later verizon is still blocking legitimate email and arrogantly refusing to fix the problem, which problem goes beyond blocking email to include arrogance, stupidity, and evasive lack of responsibility.

The  spamdetector.update@verizon.net group is still unresponsive and still unaccountable to customers, refusing as a matter of policy to respond while they do what they want as they repeatedly ignore submissions of false positives.

Verizon "support" is still incompetently giving customers a run-around.  One "response" resulted in a canned email 3 days later instructing me to contact support, i.e., start over.  Another one eventually provided a P.O. box to mail a complaint to an unmentioned person in an unnamed position in an unnamed "the department".  Verizon is an internet company and this is how they handle complaints?  A demand for a time consuming process going in circles to an anonymous PO box as a black hole?  What is the matter with them that they refuse to fix the problem in a timely fashion (less than a few years)?  Their entire "support" system is set up as a maze of barriers to accountability by anyone in a position of responsibility. Yes, this is making legitimate customers very angry.

0 Likes