Verizon is Extorting Me
darekalpha

Hey guys, first time posting here - hoping someone has experience in this or knows what to do. Here's my story.

I live with my parents and brother. Up until about six months ago we were on fios - 50/50 with phone for about 69.99. They called us multiple times and my non English speaking parents finally got me on the line. They told me my package was being eliminated and I would have to chose a plan as my contract was coming up. Either bump up to 75/75 for 79.99 or downgrade to 25/25 for something like 59. Obviously, downgrading would have been to a significant detriment as we all shared the line - so we went up. After taxes and everything we were paying just shy of a hundred. A few weeks later, they launched gigabit. I was still in the grace period and I discussed upgrade options. It turns out that for a few dollars more I would be eligible for gigabit, looking at around 110 a month with some special discounts and returning the TV box and then converting to locate TV only which would have removed all those fees.

At this point I thought what the hell, there is nothing that can go wrong right? I'm on a recorded line with a reputable provider. WRONG.

First they insisted they upgrade my ONT which was a scheduling nightmare as I work upwards of 60 hours a week along with my girlfriend and have two elderly nonspeakers in the house. But we got around that. The upgrade was done, beautiful. Then came he equipment - they instead of sending me the TV box they sent me two routers. After numerous phone calls with reps I was assured it would be fine. So i sent one of the old ones back and one of the new ones. Everything installed, speeds were blazing fast and I was amazed. We were all happy till the first bill.

At this point, we receive a bill upwards of 250$. We freak out and call them, they tell us to relax and issue a credit, bringing the bill down to 113$, initiating a ticket to get our discounts fixed, and was overall very helpful. I should note I called to cancel as I could not handle these prices, our budgets are really bad and life in NYC is NOT cheap. They assured us it would be okay and after the initial 113$ the regular bill would be 108$ and change. We were very happy. But then the next bull came. And the next. And they were the same, with the previous balances and late fees. They kept assuring us it was fine and issuing the credits, until we got transferred to a manager. This guy had 0 chill. He insisted we either upgrade to a "full gigabit plan" which would be 140$ a month after taxes or downgrade. I told him we would cancel if they treated customers of over a decade like this, and he said we would be charged the three hundred dollars termination fee DESPITE the fact all these issues were caused on their end.

The question is now - what the hell do I do? We have no other choice for internet out here - spectrum is horrible. I'm not willing to pay more for less because now even those old plans would be stupid expensive and their "system" got rid of all the discounts and I don't know if they're simply unwilling to work with us or literally have no power to give us our loyalties back. What can we do? I didn't even think to record this stuff because we weren't doing anything risky... It's a plan with verizon ffs....

If I was not supposed to be in that pricing, then why the hell did they credit me THREE TIMES TO BRING THE PRICE TO 108$? I did not tell them how much I was supposed to pay, They were the ones who told me each month. 

Thanks in advance for any Input.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is Extorting Me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi darekalpha,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes