Want to replace the cable from BBU to ONT
Eveabc123

I'd be glad to know what it's called so I can do a better job at searching for this. Originally the installer placed my Fios equipment pressed against a wall. Some years ago I moved it and I noticed this cord was damaged. I 'temporarily fixed' it with duct tape. That is the red tape seen in the photo, it's all I had at the time. Been like that for years but I recently replaced the old BBU battery (after 10 years of use) and want to replace this old connection cord too. 

I have tried using google to find it and searched these forums. I spoke to customer service about it when the beeping started before I replaced the backup battery. They wanted a photo. I also don't want to have to pay $90+ (price I was told by customer service) for a tech to come and just take a look at one cable. So here I am trying to find help in finding this cord. Help?! 

imageLooking to replace cord from BBU

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to replace the cable from BBU to ONT
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT looks like the rear of an Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211. The cable and power supply (not a BBU) look different than what I have here at home.

Side note...the PowerReserve will only support telephone service during a power failure. A better option would be to purchase a good UPS which will keep the whole unit running.

Back to the topic. That cable would be replaced by Verizon.

If the model number of the power unit can be found somewhere on the case, try Googling it and see if any cables are displayed.

Better still, Verizon could replace the power supply with the current model.

View solution in original post

Re: Want to replace the cable from BBU to ONT
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT looks like the rear of an Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211. The cable and power supply (not a BBU) look different than what I have here at home.

Side note...the PowerReserve will only support telephone service during a power failure. A better option would be to purchase a good UPS which will keep the whole unit running.

Back to the topic. That cable would be replaced by Verizon.

If the model number of the power unit can be found somewhere on the case, try Googling it and see if any cables are displayed.

Better still, Verizon could replace the power supply with the current model.