Re: Westell 6100 requires reboot every 7-8 days on 7meg and now the 10/15 meg plans
imanjunk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. But I already use that tool. That is how I decided on which DNS to enter for best performance. Last night, Wed. about the 7-8 day period once again web sites could not be found so I dabbled more with my Westell. I saw that it was still indeed connected ok.  So I looked at one of my laptop DNS settings, they looked good. Then the only other thing common to both my laptops is the NG wireless box both use that is connected to the Westell modem.  In its DNS settings I saw dynamically find a DNS.  I also saw I had 2 DNS settings from previous experiences whose button was inactive, probably from a many months ago experimentation when I used the tool you suggested above.  I made the NG DNS picks match what I refer to in my laptop settings for the same DNS IPs instead of dynamically finding one from ISP.  Without resetting the Westell, I saved the NG profile update of DNS to match. Walla, everything started working. Previously I recall I had to reboot the Westell to work although my memory escapes me if I also by habit rebooted the netgear by powering both off and on.  So now it seems that might have been the cause of my subject issue  even though each laptop had their own DNS settings of the same  DNS IPs.  I will wait 7/8 days once again without trying to reboot anything and see if the laptop web site access errors occur. If not this proves then the issue was my NG settings for DNS.  I will reply here next week for now about 11/18 or 11/19 as the expected time if web access does act up.  Thanks again for the suggestions.  It is also very strange that dynamic setting in the NG DNS setting area could do this and more so after 7 or 8 days before the web access error occurs. Stay tuned.

You may ask why do I bother with DNS settings in both NG and on each laptop. Well one I need to get to my work site and it seems if I don't mention a certain one, my work site is never found and/or some of its web pages from a dialer we use.  And even if the 2 that are in NG are removed from my latpop profile, I am unsure at this time if the 2 left on my laptop that fixes the work site accessibility will be concatenated on top of what the NG DNS settings would be left to for the general web access.  This is a side issue can work on later.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 6100 requires reboot every 7-8 days on 7meg and now the 10/15 meg plans
imanjunk
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems resetting my netgear box by logging in, applying setttings as if i changed something which causes a reset resolves the issue most of the time.  So I default its not the westell modem. I will perform on going checks. Thanks for everyones help who provided ideas.

0 Likes