What speed am i really suppose to be getting? lol
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called verizon and they told me that my modem is not getting the right speed, their computer says that iam suppose to be getting 7 mbps while the central office says im getting 3 mbps LOL and then they told me another computer got me on 5 mbps???!?!??!? the fudgeee...order messed up or they just trolling the heck outta me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What speed am I really suppose to be getting? lol
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@andylui8 wrote:

funny cause they been telling me that i was on a 3mbps package for 3 years and all of a sudden yesterday they said i wasnt getting the correct speeed...they told me that i was ACTUALLY suppose to get 7 mbps...ripping me off

I don't remember if I've responded to any previous posts or topics from you, but in some areas Verizon has started to allow customers connected to Remote DSLAMs and SLCs to obtain higher speeds than 3Mbps. Technically the speed packages have been "Up to 1Mbps" and "Up to 15Mbps" for about two years now, but the 7+Mbps packages have been out for a few years. Regardless of the point, the only reason I have 5Mbps on my DSL connection is due to the fact that I've been beta testing higher speeds on Remote equipment for Verizon. A few of my contacts have reported higher speeds coming out of remotes now, so that is likely why you're now supposed to be getting more. The packages have changed, and policies have changed.

@tishi: Could you provide your modem Transceiver statistics? If you don't know how to get this info, just tell us the make and model of your modem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What speed am i really suppose to be getting? lol
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just think they're genuinely confused since it's supposed to be automatically set these days based on your package. What speed result do you get if you run a test at http://www.speedtest.net/ ?

0 Likes
Re: What speed am i really suppose to be getting? lol
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

omg verizon has been trolling the heck outta mee....ive been using 3 mbps for like 3 years and now they told me i was actually on a 7mbps line and now im back up to speed for the FIRST FREAKIN TIME....VERIZON U SUCK!!!

tishi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was con by Verizon to have 3mb deal. As turn out, they can not even provide me a solid 1mb due to old copper line and distance to CO. Now they want to raise my fees by 25%. Nobody but CEO gets that kind of raise with this dismal performance. {please keep your posts courteous}

andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

funny cause they been telling me that i was on a 3mbps package for 3 years and all of a sudden yesterday they said i wasnt getting the correct speeed...they told me that i was ACTUALLY suppose to get 7 mbps...ripping me off

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@andylui8 wrote:

I don't remember if I've responded to any previous posts or topics from you, but in some areas Verizon has started to allow customers connected to Remote DSLAMs and SLCs to obtain higher speeds than 3Mbps. Technically the speed packages have been "Up to 1Mbps" and "Up to 15Mbps" for about two years now, but the 7+Mbps packages have been out for a few years. Regardless of the point, the only reason I have 5Mbps on my DSL connection is due to the fact that I've been beta testing higher speeds on Remote equipment for Verizon. A few of my contacts have reported higher speeds coming out of remotes now, so that is likely why you're now supposed to be getting more. The packages have changed, and policies have changed.

@tishi: Could you provide your modem Transceiver statistics? If you don't know how to get this info, just tell us the make and model of your modem.

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

haha yeah i guess...good thing i called about slow internet for sake of it ahaha i kinda called  for fun and see if verizon gonna do anything about it.....if i didnt called i would be using the 3mbps right now

0 Likes