Wireless Printer Won't Work Since Changing to FIOS
ReederBear68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just changed from Comcast to Verizon FIOS and now my wireless printer won't work.  Any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Printer Won't Work Since Changing to FIOS
ReederBear68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to all for responding to question. Finally got the problem resolved with complete reinstallation of printer software - including several failed installs.

View solution in original post

Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the brand and model of the printer?

The first thought that came to my mind to check was to see if you set the printer to have a fixed IP address like 192.168.0.244 because your Comcast modem/router used 192.168.0.x for the LAN. Most Verizon FiOS routers use 192.168.1.x. The printer should have a way to print a configuration report.

If there is a way to reset the printer to factory settings and then go through the printer setup (like it was new), you can probably get it going again.

jonjones1
Legend

@ReederBear68 wrote:

I just changed from Comcast to Verizon FIOS and now my wireless printer won't work.  Any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

First off when you change services the premise is you don’t try and use previous connections from the prior service.

in any case just do a new connection to your router via either the setup disk that came with your printer, or you can go through the printers control screen and select the network you are using now. Since your network is now Fios controlled you have to restablish the connection to the printer.

It really is a easy thing to do.

ReederBear68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to all for responding to question. Finally got the problem resolved with complete reinstallation of printer software - including several failed installs.

jonjones1
Legend

@ReederBear68 wrote:

Glad I was able to tell you that 😀

ReederBear68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again.

0 Likes
ReederBear68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had to reset and reinstall the printer driver. Thanks.

0 Likes