missing emails, getting support from verizon
fuzzy

hi, i'm a verizon customer using the msn/hotmail email client, what follows is my tale of woe.  I started to put this info into Verizon support chat but it (the chat) option went away and became unavailble??  

Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks for looking!

What follows is what I was sending to V (I know, 300 char limit) 

Bottom Line: I need access to this email identity: (removed)@msn.com and I need the emails back in the date range of 12/21/08 to 03/26/09.

1. Last night 3/26/09 logged on (removed)@msn.com to find a new format of the msn mail screen and found that emails from 12/21/08 to 03/26/09 were missing.  Contacted MSN and aked for their help.  I received their response and copied from the screen and it is below, after the line of asterisks.

Their research indicates the issue is with Verizon and you can recover the missing emails from your server.

2. Contacted Verizon by phone 03/27/09 from 7pm until 9pm between Internet support and FIOS support, one of which hung up rudley.

3. Net result is that one of them changed the password to the (removed)@msn.com identity and I cannot access it.  Curiously, I tried logging into (removed)@hotmail.com and that is successful, although I don't use that identity.  (It could be used to do a password reset if that would be useful.)

missing emails
Subscribe via RSS Stop emailing replies to meTrack via Email...
This thread is a issue owned by .

Mar 26 2009 11:42 PM

missing emailsReply Edit Favorites Contact Hi !   I'm not real familar with how to ask for help in this format and I did enter info into "Ask a Question" near the top of the screen.  I don't know where to look for the answer. My question concerned emails that went missing as I was trying to use the new Hotmail format.  The emails that went missing in one lump spanned 12/21/08 to today 03/26/09. I do have some important emails I would like to recover.   Thanks for anything you can do!
In your research in this matter please restore anything that you find.
(removed id) Joined on 26 Mar 2009 Posts 2 Points Report abuse

[Edit Tags]
Product: Windows Live Hotmail (Windows Live Hotmail)
Mar 27 2009 2:32 AM Mark as Not Answer Mark as Answer...
Re: missing emailsReply Favorites Contact Hi (removed id),

Welcome to Windows Live Hotmail Online Solution Center.
For possible e-mail recovery, reply to this post with your Hotmail account.
In the meantime, check out these solutions on how to use our website.
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/supportmgr/archive/2008/10/26/welcome-to-the-windows-live-hotma...
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/newvisitor/archive/2008/10/26/navigating-through-the-wlhsc.aspx
FYI: I moved your post here at the Lost or Deleted Emails Forum.
Windows Live June M.  Joined on 28 Oct 2008 Posts 1,808 Points Report abuse Tags: Lost mail, Data loss, disappear, View
0 of 1 people have solved their issue with this post.
Did this solve your problem?
YesNoMar 27 2009 10:00 AM Mark as Not Answer Mark as Answer...
Re: missing emailsReply Edit Favorites Contact The account is {removed email address}
I will be checking back througout the day to see if you need anything else.
Thank you!

(removed id)  Joined on 26 Mar 2009 Posts 2 Points Report abuse  [Edit Tags]
0 of 1 people have solved their issue with this post.
Did this solve your problem?
YesNoMar 27 2009 10:24 AM Mark as Not Answer Mark as Answer... Confirmed Answer  Re: missing emailsReply Favorites Contact Hi (removed id),

Thank you for providing your account. I’ve carefully investigated the problem that you’re having and confirmed that the Verizon Technical Support Team is the correct department to help you with this. They’re in a better position to recover your messages. You can refer to the information below on how to contact them.
General Customer Support:

http://www22.verizon.com/CustomerSupport/Anonymous/0%2C1190%2C%2C00.html

Residential Support Phone numbers:

http://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/ContactUs/ContactUs_Phone.asp
Telephone number (800) 567-6789

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday  05:00 to 17:00 PST (UTC-8)
Saturday and Sunday  closed

FYI: I moved this thread here at the Non Hotmail Questions Forum.

0 Likes
Re: missing emails, getting support from verizon
fios24
Enthusiast - Level 3

msn emails are stored on Hotmail / Windows Live servers unless you specifically moved them offline onto your hd in the MSN client. Verizon employees do not have access to Hotmail / Windows Live servers. if you lost emails, and these are emails that were on the server and not local (on your hd) there is nothing fios / verizon can do to assist you in recovering them. if you lost emails that were moved offline, then you will have to get a local computer professional to assist you in attempting to restore them.

0 Likes