upgrade to highest speed DSL not working; GTE no help
edcos

I have just tried to upgrade my DSl to <7mbps. I got a new router (6100G) and installed it, the Verizon (GTE hereafter) people did their thing from the "central office" and my speed grew---to about 50% of what was promised. I called their tech support # and was told that they tested their line, it had a problem, and they would have "central office" call me to set up an appointment. I later got a phone message from GTE, saying their technician needed to come to my phone to inspect their line, and leaving the same tech support number for me to call back. When I called back, of course, they told me that they could not set up an appointment but would have to have "central office" call me. This has gone on for five calls (my work takes me out of office and away from phones), and, I learned this morning that five different "tickets" have been opened on my "case" This is in spite of the fact that

I told each tech that I was calling back from an earlier message left by GTE. When I asked to speal directly with the "central office" I was told that I was not permitted to.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: upgrade to highest speed DSL not working; GTE no help
mcknight76

I had the same kind of issues..... I finally wrote a letter to Verizon corp office, BBB, and the Atty. general of my state and if memory serves the corp office is in NEW YORK.... Then BANG!!!! I had the office of the president (verizon) and the atty generals office calling me non stop.... Now prob solved.... took a while for snail mail to work its magic but it did.... I only had the issue of having to send the letters in the first place.

0 Likes