upgraded to 35/35 speeds
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

After having Fios for 11 months,and very satisfied, i decieded to switch speeds from 25/25 to 35/35,with the 25/25 my speeds are 30/24 average,does that mean i will get 40/34 with this upgrade,what average speeds are the 35/35 users getting.

0 Likes
Re: upgraded to 35/35 speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The speeds for the 35Mbps/35Mbps package tend to wind up anywhere between 37Mbps/36Mbps to about 46Mbps/38Mbps. It seems to depend on how a line was provisioned. Expect to see a bit of fluff for sure, though.

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

I just got 43/31.  I'm OK with that.

0 Likes
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Got it turned on yesterday getting 43/32 once again everything from the upgrade to the service went without a hitch,i feel bad for anyone having tech or support issues,i cannot say the same, Fios has been flawless,no billing issues either,when i first looked into it i hesitated after reading the nightmares customers where having,i am very pleased with taking a chance on it.

chuckmal1

I'm getting the higher speeds as well, but only in a wired set up.  The wireless speeds are around half as fast.  Does Verizon have better wireless routers that support the advertised speeds in a wireless environment or only for wired set ps?  Thanks

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Chances are you have a "G" router, and according to the guy at the Verizon store I was at on Friday, there is an "N" router in existence from Verizon.  "G" has a theoretical speed of 54 mbps and "N" 108 mbps.  He did note that the N routers were buggy.  

With that said, I did say "theoretical" speed.  I apparently have a G router that runs at 8/9 mpbs vs. 43 down and 31 up wired.  I'm sitting right next to it, so range isn't an issue.  

Even if you read the router reviews on smallnetbuilder.com, you'll see they have an array of actual speeds vs. their advertised speeds.  Plus in any given home, there are a lot of variables affecting your wireless performance.

sparetire

I'd also like to update my 25/25 to 35/35.  How long does it take to upgrade take place if I do it online? Thanks.

0 Likes