Actiontec Rev C vs Rev D
dnd88

Hi everyone!

i have a quick question regarding fios internet and its router.

I am on the 25/25 plan and was not getting the 25 upload as advertised (getting about 12mbs upload).  So i called verizon and after a tech was unable to solve my issue, they sent me a new router but it is an older RevC model. I am currently on a RevD.

They both have the updated firmware, but are there major differences b/w the two versions of the routers?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Rev C vs Rev D
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the D and they are/were replacing that with the C?

My advise:

a) Go get the E one OR get the Westell one (depeding on where you live)

b) OR use your own router.

Points to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes
ds2388

Thanks.

How do i request a RevE from them? Can i just call the number and specifically ask for a RevE router?

Im from Nassau, Long Island so only Actiontec is available.

Lets say they wont give me the RevE, what are some of the drawbacks on a RevC?

Thanks.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Verizon's tech support when they replace a router. just send an order out and it is filled by an automated system. there is no way to request a certain router. However, you may already have a rev E router. Verizon does refurbish returned routers, and While it may have the rev C on the label, it may have the rev E innards. Otherwise, the only hope you have is to see if the local verizon office will let you exchange it.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spacedebris wrote:

However, you may already have a rev E router. Verizon does refurbish returned routers, and While it may have the rev C on the label, it may have the rev E innards.

Interesting.

How can the OP tell that it is a E innards?

0 Likes
biikman
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have it hooked up, you can go into the router settings and click on the "system monitoring" tab. It will give you the hardware version.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ds2388 wrote:

Thanks.

How do i request a RevE from them? Can i just call the number and specifically ask for a RevE router?

Im from Nassau, Long Island so only Actiontec is available.

Thanks.

You coul try your local Verizon Fios store.  I believe Hempstead is in Nassau LI  ??

Verizon Retail Store - Hempstead
199 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11550  866-314-9417 Mon-Sat 9:00-6:00
Sun Closed

0 Likes