DSL connection problem
jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

For many years my DSL / HSI has worked perfectly. Suddenly this evening the connection does not work. The westrell modem lights come on but do not become steady green as before. Having called Verizon customer service a few years ago when something similar occurred with the same apparatus I was on the phone for well over three hours. I would like to know if someone has an indication of what could be causing this problem since there are no outages reported in the Fairfax Virginia area. I would appreciate assistance from the forum rather than the agony of customer service call which will result in wrong information as it did before. Previously a recommendation have been made years ago for an in home service yet when I called back to the main number and also posted to the forum the forum indicated it was not an in-home problem and it was resolved previously without an in-person visit. Has there been an upgrade to service wiring or equipment about which I am not aware?  Thanks for any help you can provide as I need the line for work tomorrow.

0 Likes
Re: DSL connection problem
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes