DSL or FiOS
nikster1

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon since they came into existence in this area close to 30 years ago. I loved their service but now I have to change providers. I have tried  repeatedly to have Verizon as my high speed internet provider, as has everyone else in my neighborhood. My only other alternative was Comcast. The introductory price for internet service has ended and now I find myself paying too much for their service and Verizon phone service. The only thing I can do is to take Comcast's double play deal which drops my internet $14 and my phone by $10. I hate to do this but Verizon just doesn't care. The word verizon means open, wide. This name doesn't fit Verizon anymore. Not quite 2 years ago, they ran  new phone lines all around this area, including right in front of my house. Why??? When I contacted them on either dsl or fios, I was told "Sorry no service available". I was willing to wait another year if I had to but was told that it wouldn't be available in the near future.....in fact one of their former employees told me " Not in our lifetime". I guess they just don't care. Good bye Verizon, been good to know ya!

0 Likes
Re: DSL or FiOS
viperchain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your better off jumping ship, Verizon is deff not the company they use to be and have horrible customer service. Cable internet is faster then Fios anyways unless you get the super expensive quantaum Fios which I know Ill never see In my area. Im still waiting for Verizon to fix a mistake they made back in December. I got fed up with dealing with it and am having cable internet installed tomorrow GOOD BYE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@viperchain wrote:

... GOOD BYE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ten points deducted for intentional exclamation point abuse (See Rule 4.7a).

nikster1

In about an hour, I will be setting up an appointment to have my phone service changed. I'm 70 years old and it's a big step...foward, I hope. I really hate doing this but unlike Verizon, I'm not wealthy.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Misknowner. In most areas basic FiOS that runs at 25Mbps/5Mbps beats out a stock cable package after that PowerBoost garbage runs out. The exception is with Comcast areas, generally where you have to get Quantum if you want to beat out a cable company.

To OP: If FiOS is nearby, you might want to check with your local franchising board for your town to see if they have an agreement with Verizon for FiOS and if it requires them to build FiOS out everywhere. I would not count on DSL showing up all too much, and if it does show up who knows if you'll get anything faster than 3Mbps, as that is the speed on most of the remotes Verizon deploys.

0 Likes
beshannon
Enthusiast - Level 3

If FIOS is not available guess you have no choice, good luck

0 Likes
nikster1

Well, I finally dumped Verizon only to have them keep haunting me.  I am 70 years old. I was paying my Directv bill through Verizon monthly. Every month money was taken from my bill and sent to Directv, After cancelling Jan.29th and getting my phone sevice from Comcast in order to get a better deal on internet service (because Verizon is worthless when it comes to delivering internet to anyone who doesn't live immediately in their "service area") I received a bill from Directv for 2 months that Verizon took out but "somehow" we are liable. They "claim" Directv is a month or so behind on billing or whatever, but  different amounts are taken out of my Verizon bill for the last two months and then I have to pay them again. , I don't care if Directv is a month behind Verizon, all I know is that when two different amounts are taken from my bills to pay Directv and they didn't get it, they are worthless in my eyes

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes