Re: E3200 FIOS Extender - ethernet delay
rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you very much for the response. Do you think the use of the switch solved the issue or unchecking the IPv6 option. You mentioned that you “disabled checkmark for IPv6 in the router dialog box of Windows, not in the router interface, and only on the remote PC attached to the extender.”  Also, What do you do if it’s not connected up to a PC but instead it’s connected up to an Xbox or TV which still gets the slow connection.

Re: E3200 Fios Extender - ethernet delay
JustLou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disabling IPv6 is not a solution I find acceptable even if it works getting rid of the delay.

0 Likes
pweezy

I have this issue as well with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 11.

I've learned that if I enable both the ethernet and WiFi connections on my PC, Windows will automatically disconnect WiFi (to save power) once the ethernet connection has been established.

My WiFi connection is much slower than ethernet, as you'd expect, but I have both enabled. When my PC first wakes from sleep it connects to WiFi within a couple of seconds; then, about 2 minutes later, it seamlessly switches over to ethernet and the WiFi disconnects.

If your PC has both options, I recommend giving that a try - while we wait for a proper fix for the extender to come out, if ever...

0 Likes
Riggs33

This is ridiculous. Shouldn't have to put a switch in the middle. My equipment is 3 weeks old and having the same issue. Needs to be fixed !

0 Likes
MontevideoBogTe

Anyone have any updates with this? Still struggling...

0 Likes
chubbyone

has this ever been fixed?  Nov 22 and still happening

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

0 Likes
larrysinnj

OP here-started this thread over a year ago, and after finding out that is was a known issue, and left it alone. Came back for something else and found people still looking at it.  

0 Likes
Jim7771

I tried every trick in the book, the only two things that made an impact were:

1- keeping wifi enabled as a fallback (totally unacceptable)

2- add a 16$ gigabit switch between the extender and the computers (not great, but works)

0 Likes
Bleb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more user experiencing the same delay.  Does anyone know if the proper folks at Verizon have been informed and are likely to do anything?  If so, what would a fix look like?

0 Likes