Re: E3200 FIOS Extender - ethernet delay
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The puzzle seems to be putting together.

The computer is looking for IPv6 routers and neighbors before asking for the same on IPv4.

This might has to do IPv6 is enabled on G3100 and E3200 to accommodate the WAN IPv6 rollout, which has started in January. Before IPv6 hits your Central Office, I'd recommend you disable the IPv6 on G3100.

goCoax 2.5 is not a network device, but a link device, so it does not deal with IP addresses besides the internal web interface.

JustLou3

I just found this thread while Googling this issue. Add me to the list of people that have the same exact issue. Disabling IPv6 on the G3100 and on the system's NIC didn't help. It still takes about 90 seconds for the network to connect. It's not a Windows 11 issue either. My desktop is running Windows 10. I also tried using different NIC drivers and it didn't make a difference.  

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you also use Wireshark to capture what the NIC is doing during that 90 seconds? Is it goofing around before deciding it's time to actually connect? (comical)

JustLou3

I just downloaded it and ran it.  There are over 800 lines of stuff going on before it connects to the internet. 

FWIW, there is only 1 line that I saw that mentions IPv6. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you copy those lines into plain text and send a private message to me to see?

plasmamax1

I just wanted to share that disabling ipv6 did not resolve the issue. Disabling ipv6 and factory resetting the router and extender was what the verizon rep attempted. Since neither resolved the issue was why I got the gocoax adapter.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you also run Wireshark to see what your NIC is doing over that time period? Does this issue occur with G3100's Ethernet?

JustLou
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found an acceptable solution to the issue.  I enabled the computer's WiFi adapter which connects to the internet instantly when the computer boots/wakes. After the minute or 2 that the ethernet takes to identify the network, the system switches to the ethernet connection. That works for me for now. FWIW, I had tried a static ip address today too, and that didn't make a difference. 

0 Likes
lloydao
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a capture file but it's quite long.  I don't see a way to post a .pcapng file that I saved from wireshark.  If I just copy the text it is over 20000 characters which seems to be the limit.  Suggestions as to how to get the wireshark info to you?

0 Likes
Internet connection takes a while to initialize after PC booting/waking
Duran22

I have my computer connected directly to my new extender, E3200, but it takes a few minutes to get online when I boot up. I recently had a cheap router hooked up and did not have this issue not sure what was going on. 

0 Likes