Early termination fee / 24 month contract automatic renewal?
Hoembi

I have currently 1-year left on my 2-year contract with Verizon. Now since Verizon is about 3 times as expensive as newer and faster offers from competitors in my area I am considering exiting the 2 year contract early, but I cannot find any info about the early termination fee for the 150Mbps 2-year contract that I have. Can anyone help out?

Also if that fee is too high, what happens after my 2-year contract is done, will it move automtatically to a month-by-month payment or will it renew for another 2 years? 

-Hoembi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early termination fee / 24 month contract automatic renewal?
jonjones1
Legend

Well when you signed up the contract stated xxx dollars if you cancel before a certain date. So let's say that you had a $200 early termination fee and you have a year to go. 50% of that dollar amount is what you will owe.

verizon takes off so much during your contract.

And on your second question no contract renews automatically unless it's in your contract for your initial service. So it would then be month to month. But your service paperwork has all these details.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Well when you signed up the contract stated xxx dollars if you cancel before a certain date. So let's say that you had a $200 early termination fee and you have a year to go. 50% of that dollar amount is what you will owe.

verizon takes off so much during your contract.

And on your second question no contract renews automatically unless it's in your contract for your initial service. So it would then be month to month. But your service paperwork has all these details.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that all providers offer a sweet deal for new customers.

But then prices will go up.

Plus they may be showing pricing based off of a bundle vs raw Internet.

0 Likes
Bclay1

The online form didn't work for me.  It failed mysteriously.  I tried the email address in the FAQs.  We'll see if that works. 

Why didn't the online form work?  I don't know.  It seemed to require a number I didn't have.  Why was there noone to chat between 3:00 and 5:00 PM?  I don't know.  I kept calling Verizon numbers looking for help, and all I got was different music at different sites. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Bclay,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes