Failed connectivity test on bridge connection
Dennisv21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been playing a game online with other users, but could not connect today for the first time.  Through Vz In-Home Agent, I did a connectivity test and got these results:

Ping (ICMP Echo)
Destination:  

Number of pings:

Test Failed

Packets:

4/4 transmitted, 0/4 received, 100% loss

Round Trip Time:

Minimum = 0 ms
Maximum = 0 ms
Average = 0 ms

Router re-boot did not resolve it.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Failed connectivity test on bridge connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the router's Firewall by any chance enabled? You can probably check it through In-Home Agent, but you can also check it by visiting http://192.168.1.1/ and choosing the Firewall Settings from the top navigation pane. The router login is often admin as the username, and the router's Serial number as the password. If the Firewall is on any setting besides Low Security or No Security, please lower it. Medium and High tend to block services far more aggressively, and ICMP replies do not return at those settings.

You can in addition, try resetting the router back to factory defaults. Just press the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds. It will clear out any custom settings you have in the router, but it should restore things to working order.

In addition, try running a ping check via Command Prompt instead of In-Home agent. The command within command prompt is: ping <hostname> , such as ping verizon.com .

0 Likes