Finding MAC Addresses on a Actiontec GT704WGB Router?
Dephinix
Enthusiast - Level 3

My friend's PS3 was stolen and I need to find the MAC address of it ASAP, as it was connected to my router 4 days ago. This information is very vital to police, and to help secure my network anyways. If anyone knows, or has an idea, I'll be online everyday. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Finding MAC Addresses on a Actiontec GT704WGB Router?
Dephinix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jesus, nevermind. This "next gen" router, as stated by actiontec, does not support the ability to record MAC Addresses, which is a slight security threat, whoo! Thanks Verizon and Actiontec. Going back to just a modem hoping to use my linksys router again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/3EE6AA38-3830-4C75-B566-3753A48A3E49/0/VersaLink32...

The link will take you to the user manual which should detail all the menu info including the MAC address list.

Dephinix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Link appears to be faulty, but I get what you're pointing me to. I remember reading through it once, just can't remember it stating this capability. Well I hope for the best, thank you. If any mod reads this, I am also looking for a list of MAC addresses from my router, which is said can be provided by the ISP.

Edited Note:

I try calling Verizon only to remember they ask for my "Dry" phone number... which was misplaced. I can't find it online either, anyone got a floatee? Hahaha...

0 Likes
Dephinix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jesus, nevermind. This "next gen" router, as stated by actiontec, does not support the ability to record MAC Addresses, which is a slight security threat, whoo! Thanks Verizon and Actiontec. Going back to just a modem hoping to use my linksys router again.

0 Likes