G3100 and DFS channels
LeoH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The router manual says you can enable DFS channels in the web interface, but the option is not on the channel settings page as described. How do you enable DFS channels?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 and DFS channels
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are enabled by default on the FiOS routers, normally. Are you using Automatic Channel selection? Some routers will only use DFS if Automatic is used, due to the fallback requirements with DFS if Radar is detected.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are enabled by default on the FiOS routers, normally. Are you using Automatic Channel selection? Some routers will only use DFS if Automatic is used, due to the fallback requirements with DFS if Radar is detected.

LeoH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't appear to be on enabled. It never shows the DFS channels on the WiFi channel scan page, which is where the toggle to turn them on is supposed to be according to the manual (and was also on the G1100). The only way to turn it on seems to be using the FiOS app, but there seem to be lots of compatibility issues between the app and the G3100. For example, the app will let you use spaces in device names, but that will break the DHCP server in the G3100 and it will no longer assign IPs.

0 Likes
22102Guest
Enthusiast - Level 1

Download the My Fios app on your phone. It’s under Internet then advance setting

Andoo

You can enable them as an option by using the my FiOS app on your phone... log in, go to the "internet" Tab and you will be given a choice to enable or disable DFS channels

0 Likes
Re: E3200 and DFS channels
Andoo

Anyone know how to get to eE3200 extender to use DFS channels they don't enable from the my FiOS app like they do for the G3100... it's odd that both router and extender use the same channel on 2.4 but not on 5G like most Mesh systems... there's got to be a way to enable them on the extender

0 Likes