Help! I can't access public wifi on laptop
waynebruce1

Yesterday was when i used public wifi for the first time in a long time. When I did, I clicked on the internet access icon and clicked on the wifi I wanted to connect to. However, a dialog box popped up and it asked for a username and password. It said Network Authentication on the box. How do i bypass this box? i don't even know what username and password the OS wants me to put down. My work is pending! It's 10:22 PM where i live and I go to sleep at 11:00 PM. I need this fixed befroe tommorow. I'm desperate. I never had any time today to call customer service. and right now, they are not working there.

0 Likes
Re: Help! I can't access public wifi on laptop
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is peer to peer support.

You try and use just any public wifi, and all rules are what that system wants.  Sometimes you need to ask someone at that location (hotel, restaurant, etc) how to access them.

If you are using VERIZON WIFI, you should have signed up with a userid and password when you signed up for it.  SHouldn't match anything you used elsewhere.  The same ID can normally be used with BOINGO.com

for verizon WIFi see http://www.verizon.com/wifi

0 Likes
Re: Help! I can't access public wifi on laptop
waynebruce1
Thanks for the response. I figured out that the password and username is not needed. After consulting the help desk and the network admin of the building they said the antivirus is preventing public wifi. - hence the exclamation mark on the internet connection icon. I was recommened to disable McAfee tenporary. However nothing has improved. Any ideas?
0 Likes