Re: Issues with G3100 Losing Connection
chrstfltch

When we initially began troubleshooting, the device that was causing the drops was a Nintendo Switch. After disabling 5GHz band, it was stable and we haven't had drops for some months now. Recently the only other thing that entered the network is an amazon firestick. Once the stick is connected you can see the connection starts dropping randomly every 20-30 minutes. Soon as the device is unplugged, everything goes back to normal.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
lelliottaeten

I am having the exact same problem. WHen it works it is great but it hangs for no reason regularily

0 Likes
lelliottaeten

I am having the exact same problem. Verizon helpless desk does not seem to have any solution but they are friendly.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have IoT devices on your network? I suggest you to power off your IoT devices one at a time to see which device causes the problem. Sometimes the wireless chip used in IoT devices have compatibility issues with the newest Broadcom chip inside the G3100.

It is easier to help you troubleshoot the issue if you can provide us with IoT devices' wireless chip models.

0 Likes
BostonCordCut

This has been driving me crazy, same problem of apparently random Internet drops. I swapped my old very stable Actiontec Verizon router for the latest-and-greatest G3100 and have had nothing but trouble since. Previously by network was rock-solid - working from home was wonderful, no drops. Now having replaced the Actiontec with the G3100 I get multiple network drops a day. This is really painful with my remote desktop for work! With the Actiontec I had a pair of Orbis for the WiFi so when I replaced the Actiontec I disconnected the Orbis and used the wifi on the G3100. Everything seemed fine but then came the crashes. I've been working my way through all the G3100 settings and just when I think I've solved the problem along comes another crash. I've even reverted to switching off the G3100 wifi and firing up the Orbis but I still get crashes. The most recent one when I fired up my Google Home Mini. The problem cannot be the wifi on the G3100 since I am no longer using the wifi, it seems that the G3100 really has a problem with 'bursts' of traffic, whether on the wifi or via a wired connection. I have an AppleTV wired to the router and can fairly easily get the G3100 to crash by fast-forwarding the video, presumably because I am forcing a download. Every crash has basically the same cycle, sometimes several in a row (from newest entry to oldest) :-

arc_ledinfo[SYS.6][SYS] set led name=panel_yellow state=0 time=0 blink_on:0 blink_off:0
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP no-DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset no-auth no-DNSSEC no-ID loop-detect inotify
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] started, version 2.78 cachesize 1500
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
arc_ledinfo[SYS.6][SYS] set led name=panel_yellow state=1 time=0 blink_on:0 blink_off:0
arca-agent-loaderinfo[DDNS.6][SYS] Terminated DDNS
arc_ledinfo[SYS.6][SYS] set led name=panel_yellow state=1 time=0 blink_on:0 blink_off:0
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP no-DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset no-auth no-DNSSEC no-ID loop-detect inotify
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] started, version 2.78 cachesize 1500
dnsmasqinfo[SYS.6][SYS] exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
arc_ledinfo[SYS.6][SYS] set led name=moca_wan_green state=1 time=0 blink_on:0 blink_off:0
arc_ledinfo[SYS.6][SYS] set led name=moca_wan_red state=0 time=0 blink_on:0 blink_off:0
arc_leddinfo[SYS.6][SYS] uniform_state=12
arca-agent-loaderinfo[DDNS.6][SYS] Terminated DDNS
0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The log provided is not very useful to diagnose your issue. Can you find some error logs near the time of the crash? I am thinking about UPnP errors. G3100 has better security features than MI424WR, maybe this is a concern.

0 Likes
Duque_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Thanks to a user on Reddit, I found a possible solution.   Disable IPv6.   It's helped me for the past week.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Duque_VA wrote:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Thanks to a user on Reddit, I found a possible solution.   Disable IPv6.   It's helped me for the past week.

When you said that, where disable it?

Hopefully they were talking about, doing it this way.

Note this way assumes Windows 10. Windows 11 way will be a but different.

Go Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Change adapter options -> Selecting the Wired Intel NIC and select Properties -> Configure under the NIC's name [ex mine is Intel(R) Ethetnet Controller (7) 1219-V] OR you could right click on Start and select Device Manager - > Find the correct NIC in there.

Once in there go to Advanced.

For TCP and UDP Checksum Offload for IPv6 set that to Disabled. Then press ok to save/apply.

0 Likes