Re: Login to Actiontec MI424WR Router
TemporaryUser9

This may be a stupid question but, the serial number is below the bar code, right? and is the user name anything different?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wish somebody would mark this thread as solved so people don't keep resurrecting every year or so.

0 Likes
FCCzar

And how exactly does this cause a problem for you?

0 Likes
Teklen

My router had a Login Password listed on the sticker with all the router info.  It was in the top left corner of the sticker with all the router info on it. After reset I had to use the Login Password printed on the router.  Username: admin.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
kat441

I have the smae login issues with my Actiontec router. The only difference is that it is a Rev E. Can anyone help me log into the router? I want to make it a second access point and have found the steps to take if only I can login. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Default id/passwords on Actiontecs

The default id is "admin"

The default password on older models starts as "password" and used to be set by installers to "password1".  At one point they started pushing out a password update to match the serial number, for those where password or password1 was detected, and the installers started doing the same during the installs.

Software on these during a reset (hold the recessed reset button on back for about 10 seconds) sets the password either back to "password" or sets no password but asks you on logon to set admin id and password. 

Some later models with a software update started having the serial number used on a reset.  The latest models have a password listed on the sticker.  On a reset these should reset to that printed password.

Summary, particularly on a reset

If it asks you to, set a password.

If doesn't ask

1. Try the password on the sticker if listed
  2. Try the Serial number
  3. Try "password"
  4. If not reset possibly its still "password1"

If nothing seems to work definitely do a RESET.  Installers occasionally mistype the password during install.

0 Likes