Moving Fios - not able to move internet for the same price
mxs_360

I'm looking to move my Fios internet service to a new apartment (150/150 internet). I was super happy that the building is already pre-wired for Fios. However, when I called to have my service moved over, I was told that my current service cannot be moved for the same price, and I have to pay $27 more for the exact same speed. Their reason was - the promotion that I'm currently on is voided once I move. On top of that, I'm asked to pay for a $90 installation fee. I'm thinking about cancelling, but one of the reps said that I could be charged a termination fee, even though they aren't able to move my service as is. I do like my service a lot and would like to stay with Fios, but they're making it impossible to. It seems like they're punishing me for both moving and staying with them. Not quite sure what to do here. Any suggestions and thoughts would be helpful. 

0 Likes
Re: Moving Fios - not able to move internet for the same price
jonjones1
Legend

@mxs_360 wrote:

I'm looking to move my Fios internet service to a new apartment (150/150 internet). I was super happy that the building is already pre-wired for Fios. However, when I called to have my service moved over, I was told that my current service cannot be moved for the same price, and I have to pay $27 more for the exact same speed. Their reason was - the promotion that I'm currently on is voided once I move. On top of that, I'm asked to pay for a $90 installation fee. I'm thinking about cancelling, but one of the reps said that I could be charged a termination fee, even though they aren't able to move my service as is. I do like my service a lot and would like to stay with Fios, but they're making it impossible to. It seems like they're punishing me for both moving and staying with them. Not quite sure what to do here. Any suggestions and thoughts would be helpful. 

Typical games by Verizon. Have your wife or girl friend or any friend sign up on line and the $80 fee is waived, then you get new customer pricing.

verizon wonders why they are losing customers. It is because of this crap they pull.

hope in works out...

0 Likes