Netflix Buffer at night
Webdango

Netflix through my Roku works great during the day, but starting around 7:00 - 7:30 pm, it's start to buffer intermittently, and now has started never finishing loading.

This used to happen ocassionally, but now, within about the last month, it's every evening to the point the Netflix is unwatchable from about 7:00 -7:30pm until around 11:00.

As far as I'm concerned, FiOS is no longer providing the service I signed up for and I'll beinvestigatin canceling my account unless they can increase capacity.

One of my neighbors has Brighthouse and he has no Netflix issues.....

0 Likes
Re: Netflix Buffer at night
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

Netflix is using quality transit and Verizon's response has been to let those peering points saturate. Your best bet is to look elsewhere for service as Verizon is not the company it used to be. Since their CEO change, the shift has been drastically shifted from wireline services to wireless services. If you'd like more information, I invite you to look at other topics on this forum about Netflix. There are a lot of them. Comcast is experiencing the same thing.

Both Verizon and Comcast do offer their own streaming "solution" if you're interested in those. Redbox Instant and Streampix launched around the same time last year and since then, Netflix has been super terrible for both ISPs off and on.

0 Likes
snoozer858

The above post is true.  Verizon is the cause of the issue.  I just dropped FIOS due to them restricting Hulu, netflix and youtube during peak hours.  After researching and seeing they have had disputes with those venders and this is how they retaliate since these services refuse to pay verizon.  I am now with my local cable provider with just a little lower speed 60mb vs 75, and have had zero issues.  All devices are the same, the only change was my ISP.  I even saved money making the change so I can't complain.  I pay for the service and am not happy that they tell me what services I can use freely.  Unless users express concern they'll continue this practice.

0 Likes
gr8arm23
Enthusiast - Level 1

The above post is exaclty right.  Verizon is limiting bandwidth for Netflix during peak hours.  In fact, their was an investigation going on into cable/telecom providers doing this.  Today though, net neutrality was struck down by an appeals court so I fear the investigation may be abandoned. 

DROP YOUR SERVICE.  WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED BY OUR GOVERNMENT AGAIN!  These  are in for a wake up call if any of you have the courage to get off your butts and take your **bleep** rights back.

0 Likes