Network extender SSID
gcipolletti

I just purchased a quantum gateway which works perfectly and added the actiontec WCB300N. 

The extender is working but transmitting on different SSID's - didn't extend the network but created new ones. This is supposedly plug and play but apparently not.

I chnged the names and passwords on the actiontec to more easily remember, but how do I configure as a single network> the getting started guide syas "it uses the same SSID and woreless credentials as your FIOS router"

What am I missing??

I did not buy the gateway directly from Verizon (Amazon) but it is definately a FIOS G1100, firmware 0.26.42

0 Likes
Re: Network extender SSID
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I would factory reset the G1100 with the extender unplugged. Once the G1100 comes back on log into it using 192.168.1.1 the user name is admin and the password is on the sticker on the router. You can now go to the wireless section and add _5G to the 5G name and scroll down and hit apply. Plug the extender in and factory reset it also. When the extender boots back up it should use the SSID and password from the G1100.

0 Likes
Re: Network extender SSID
ponsholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just login to the extender via the IP (Find the IP it using by checking the G1100). 

default password is admin/admin.

Then, just rename the networks to the same as you are currently using. Your devices will now pick the closest access point.

Cheers

0 Likes