Nightmare Customer Service
randy110
Enthusiast - Level 1

To say I’m disappointed with Verizon’s service is an understatement. We sold our house and moved in with a relative while we are building a new house so we called on the 9/17 to have our line added to the new address along with our DSL. After many confusing phone calls I finally talked to someone on the 19th until about 10:00PM who seemed to have a grip on what we wanted done. She said our line and dsl would be installed on Friday morning. The tech installing our phone line called me on my cell phone and said he saw the dsl modem and he called the central office and they said they had nothing in their records about installing dsl. I called and the rep. I spoke to assured me there was an order for dsl in the system and it would be completed that day. Saturday , no dsl. Called back, on the phone for 1 ½ hours with tech assistance, said it was another departments mistake and assured me it would be fixed on Monday. Monday, no dsl. Called back, told it would be fixed Tuesday. Tuesday, got an email on my phone that the dsl was ready to go. Finally! But!!!!! My wife gets a call from Verizon that it was not working and we had to call and have a whole new service set up because our service had been cancelled. Called the number, was assured it was fixed, wasn’t. Called back, was told the problem was found but had to wait until today, 09/25. The rep. said she was off today but she would have her supervisor call back 1st thing this morning. Didn’t. I called. Went through the whole thing again with the new rep. and was told SHE had it fixed, she thinks, but you have to wait 3 days before she can make any changes to our account!

Got a call on my home phone today (09/27/12) that my ticket was complete. Still have no dsl. Called. Lady said I would have to talk to Technical assistance. They said I would have to talk to the people who just told me I would have to talk to them. On hold for a long time, had to hang up. Called back when I had a break. Lady told me she couldn’t access my account without a ticket number or a completion date!!!! Asked to talk to a supervisor, was put on hold for about 40 minutes. Had to hang up, I’m at work.

Called 09/29/12. Rep told me she had everything fixed and dsl would be active by that evening. I got a call about 1 pm. Called back & was turned over to tech asst. Was told there was a problem with the order and I would have to call and place a new order again!
Called on 10/1/12. Was on hold for 35 minutes. Was told the problem the orders were being put in on the weekends and they could not be done on weekends. Maybe your people should know that! She said she had to message someone to complete the order and I had to continue to hold while that happened. Could not wait, I’m at work!
Called again 10/02/2012, Rep told me, wait for it, there was trouble with the ticket! Would be fixed tomorrow, wasn’t.
Called 10/03/2012. Rep said….there was trouble with the ticket! But there would be someone out to the house tomorrow for sure.
10/04/2012, Mother-in-law waited all day. While she was away from the phone for a few minutes about 3:30 in the afternoon a technician left a message that basically said, Couldn’t come today, call if you still want us to come! I called, told the rep to forget it. She asked if she could set it up today would I stay with Verizon, I said maybe. After about 45 minutes she said she couldn’t.
Got a call that night from Verizon asking why I cancelled my DSL. After I stopped laughing I told them my story.
Called back on 10/05/2012. I know, I’m a glutton for punishment! The rep spent a lot of time the said absolutely, positively I would have DSL by Monday and she would call and follow up with me on my cell phone. Didn’t.
Called 10/08/2012. Rep said there was a problem with the ticket! She would send some kind of trace out and respond within 48 hours!

SO…I still don’t have internet access, have run over my cell phone minutes ,between having to talk to Verizon and them cutting off my home phone early, and I have wasted HOURS  of my life for nothing. I have had my cell phone, 5 of them!, dsl and home phone with Verizon for years but am thinking about dropping everything and going with someone else.
Can you blame me?

Re: Nightmare Customer Service
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
Re: Nightmare Customer Service
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes