Re: Not getting IPv6 from FiOS ONT box.
jonjones1
Legend

@dslr595148 wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

verizon has no need to upgrade from ipv4 for this point in time. 

Please explain why you feel that way.

I marked the OP's thread as solved, since the post explains why most likely why they are not seeing IPv6 yet.

The thread I directed them to explained my reply and explained to them what was going on.

The poster who was writing about Waltham MA may have been in a test area as they claim. Both at this forum and DslReports state no IPv6 and I know you are on that site as I am. 

Custer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

IPv6 is not available to the overwhelming majority of FiOS customers. I am not disputing that--it is true.

I know it is available where I live because I use it every day and have for about a year, pass IPv6 tests with no tunnel (I know what tunnels are and have used them before), and get an IPv6 address in Verizon's known range. Towns next to me do not have it, but at least one other poster in the DSL Reports forum is in my town and has it. The hypothesis is that my town contains a Verizon advanced technology center and that might be why.

I'm simply trying to give facts. The stAtement that no one has it isn't true. The statement that only extremely limited areas have it is true.

jonjones1
Legend

@Custer wrote:

IPv6 is not available to the overwhelming majority of FiOS customers. I am not disputing that--it is true.

I know it is available where I live because I use it every day and have for about a year, pass IPv6 tests with no tunnel (I know what tunnels are and have used them before), and get an IPv6 address in Verizon's known range. Towns next to me do not have it, but at least one other poster in the DSL Reports forum is in my town and has it. The hypothesis is that my town contains a Verizon advanced technology center and that might be why.

I'm simply trying to give facts. The stAtement that no one has it isn't true. The statement that only extremely limited areas have it is true.

In your situation you have what 99.999% don't have. The original poster was stating the information was from Verizon when they contacted them. Saying IPv6 was available and then had no such availability. 

the crux of the situation is maybe should be said "it is not available in all of fios yet" which would be a better analogy. I have read your reply and as such now I believe two folks on another forum say they have does not make the statement of "no one has it yet" to be unfactual. Since two customers out of thousands are saying its live. But still not enough to say outside a test area fios now uses IPv6 yet.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was planning on keeping that post as solved until the OP of this thread at Verizon's message boards to reply back that they are in an area where that they should be getting IPv6 (like in the same town as Verizon's advanced technology center) and yet they still don't have IPv6 - Upon mounting pressure and while still waiting for the OP to reply (publicly or to my PM/IM/DM), I changed my mind. It is no longer mark as solved.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and wasting your time.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I sent them a PM/a DM/an IM, not only did I not get a reply back yet - I know that they have not read it either.

Which is a bit annoying, I sent them it on 10/19/2019 at 11:47 AM and yet they were last seen on 10-19-2019 at 03:10 PM (this is correct as of the date and time it is now).

Common OP:

#1 see your PM/DM/IMs from the people who sent them to you.

#2 Reply to us publicly.