Quantum Equipment made extremely difficult
Mshokie79
Three days ago, I decided to upgrade to Quantum. I called rather than doing it online because I wanted to double-check the charges. I was told I could pick up the new equipment and return the old at a Verizon store 20 minutes from me, rather than wait for it to be shipped to my house. So, yesterday, I was going to pick up the TV boxes and the router.
I called the store before I went to make sure they had the equipment. I was told the store does not have that stuff and it always gets shipped to the customer. So, I called Verizon customer service back to get the order changed to have it shipped. The rep there tells me they definitely have all of the equipment at a different store over half an hour from me. But tells me to call there to make sure. So, I call the store while I have the rep on the phone. I am told they have the boxes and the router at the store. Then, I have the Verizon rep double-check my order to make sure that when I get to store there is no issue about what I am supposed to get.
I get to the store and the lady immediately takes my old boxes and router, deactivates them and things I am done. I tell her I am also supposed to get the Quantum boxes and router. She tells me they don't have routers and they never have routers, only the TV boxes. I can't take my old stuff back because she already deactivated it.
So, I call Verizon customer service while still at the store to figure out what to do. The first rep tells me she can't reactive my old router because it won't work with the new boxes. She tells me she will see if a technician can bring me a new router to me house that day. Then, she put me on hold for 45 minutes and neve came back. I hung up, took the new boxes, and old router and got in the car.
While driving home, I called customer service again. This rep tells me to just plug in my old router and my internet will work without problem. I get home, plug in the router, it works. I hook up the new TV boxes and get an error message.
I call customer service for the 4th time. This guy tells me the Quantum boxes can't work without the Quantum router. They should have never told me I could pick up the equipment in the store. It should have been shipped to me in the first place. I will not have TV until I get the router. He sets me up for a technician to come out between 1-5 the next day with the new router to set everything up.
I get a text message this morning that a tech will be out between 1-2. Then I get a text at 11:50 that the tech in on the way and will be at my house between 11:30 and 12:30. Well, the reason I made the 1-5 appointment in the first place was that no one would be able able to be home until 1. So, I text back and get a generic automated response. I call customer service. That rep tells me that someone will be there between 1-5 and the 11:30-12:30 message was probably a mistake. A little later I get a text that the tech's arrival time will be 2-3. I am waiting to see what's next in this fiasco.
0 Likes
Re: Quantum Equipment made extremely difficult
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Wow.  Painful to even read your experience.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you at least have a happy ending. 

0 Likes
Mshokie79
Well, 3 o'clock came and went with no technician showing up. Currently in the phone AGAIN with customer service, got put on hold after asking where the tech is, and then got dumped into the hold loop again.
0 Likes
Mshokie79
The tech showed up a little after 3:30. It took him 2 seconds to install the missing router, but he said it was nonsense that I had been told I needed the router for the boxes to work. The TV boxes, howeve, took him another hour to get straightened out. Nothing in the order had been correctly added to my account, so he had to get all that sorted out.
When he left everything was finally working! I am just going to keep an eye on my bills to make sure I am not getting triple charged for the same equipment.
0 Likes